chapter 21= Magic and love.

Julia's POV

It was a month after Christmas Eve, and Bernard was teaching me the simple steps of learning magic as an elf.

Lesson 10: flight.

"Jules! You're doing it! Keep going!" I heard Bernard's voice.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my feet hovering a few feet above the snow-covered ground.

I laughed in triumph.

"Oh my goodness! This is incredible!" I exclaimed, flying around Bernard in circles.

"I'm so proud of you, Snow angel." He smiled at me.

As the late January winter breezes carried my candy cane locks, I looked at the trees with blankets of snow covering each individual branch.

I flew around for a few minutes before my arms started to get weak and I slowly dipped down.

I soon lost all the strength, and plummeted to the ground.

I screamed.

As I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing for the pain of the floor, I noticed... I wasn't hurt.

I opened my eyes.

Bernard had caught me, bridal style.

I took shaky breaths as I stared at him with love in my eyes.

"Thank you... For that! I probably would've died!" I chuckled.

"Uh... No problem." He smiled at me.

There was an awkward silence between us, Bernard still held me in his arms.

"Uh... B, you can put me down now! I can walk by myself." I gestured to his arms, still around me.

"Oh! Right! Sorry!" He set me down, snow crunching beneath my boots.

"What happened? I kind of... Fell weak back there?" I asked, rubbing my arms as they were aching tremendously.

"Well... It does take a lot of time for a beginner such as yourself to get used to being in the air!" He frowned at me.

"Oh! Now, that makes sense!" I smiled.

He smiled back at me.

I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder, dainty snowflakes dancing around us in a wintery waltz.

"I love you so much, snow angel." He whispered in my pointy ear.

"I love you so much too, B." I smiled up at him.

"Do you... Wanna sit down for a minute?" He asked.

I hesitantly nodded.

Bernard slowly sat down in the snow, and patted the spot next to him.

I slowly sat down next to him, my white dress and red laced sleeveless dress spread out on the snow like a fabric fan.

"How does this feel?" Bernard suddenly asked.

"How does what feel?" I asked.

"Being the daughter of Santa claus? I know you didn't expect to become an elf over this past year. But... I have a feeling that things are gonna change for the better with your life." He looked at me and smiled.

The sunset painted a pink, purple, yellow, orange, and blue gradient across the sky.

"Aw, B. I'm glad that I found you." I scooted in closer to him.

"I'm glad I found you too, Snow angel." He scooted in closer to me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

As our eyes shifted to the sunset skies, I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Look how beautiful that sky is." I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Yeah. Just like you." He whispered back.

And that's how Bernard taught me how to believe in Santa Claus again...

At that moment there was nothing but magic and love.

Bernard was right. Everything did change for the better.

I became the North Pole's magic keeper. My dad has never been happier. I've never been happier. And Charlie is coping very well, and he loves the fact that his dad is Santa.

And, before I knew it....

~8 years had flown by~