chapter 10= Parent career day.

Julia's POV

As I hastily got out of the shower, I wrapped my towel around me, ran downstairs, retrieved my three presents from Bernard, and ran back upstairs.

I opened the smallest present and saw the snowflake ring.

I picked it up, slid it on my middle finger, and muttered to myself, "please god, let this work."

First, I changed into my pajamas so I didn't give Bernard a fright, having been only in my towel.

I then rubbed it slightly. I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard the faint chiming of sleigh bells.

I then felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes as I turned around and there he was. Bernard stood in front of me.

"Hey, Jules. You called?" He smiled.

"Listen, Bernard, I need your help!" I lifted up my hair and showed him my pointy elf ears.

"Oh.." he paused, a familiar look on his face as if he'd seen this before. "Right! Let me explain!"

I got impatient really quickly and grabbed the collar of his sweater in desperation, "You better explain, Bernard, otherwise, I swear to god, I will-!

"Alright, alright, okay! Just calm down! When your dad became Santa, the magic must of made its way to you aswell." He explained.

"Bernard, I can't go to school looking like this! And what about dad? What if he finds out? He'll be distraught!" I paced my bedroom.

"Wait! He might not be totally distraught!" Bernard consoled me by putting his hands on my shoulders.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your dad is going to go through the santafication process! This starts to change his mood along with his appearance! He'll grow a big white beard, he'll grow a belly like a bowl full of jelly, and he'll probably start to have cravings for milk and cookies!" He explained.

I stood in silence staring at him.

"Listen, whatever happens I need you to stay strong for me, okay? Sometimes this process can lead to unspeakable things, and I don't want you to get yourself into trouble, or get yourself hurt, I want to protect you, your father, and your brother through all of this and I hope you understand how much you guys all mean to me." He smiled warmly at me.

I smiled back, tears of joy welling up in my eyes.

I suddenly pulled him into a hug.

He was warm, and he smelled like gingerbread. I loved that smell.

"Thank you, B." I muttered, shortening his name.

I then felt him hug back in the form of a strong embrace.

"You're welcome, Snow Angel." He suddenly realised what he called me, and pulled away.

"Snow angel?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry! I thought it fitted you!" He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

"B, it's okay! I like it." I smiled.

"Okay, and 'B'? Really?" He chuckled.

"I think it's cute, okay!" I frowned at him.

"Okay, fine! I'll allow it because it's you!" He smiled at me.

.... I was deeply, madly, truly in love with him!

-time skip-
One day later...

I had kept my elf-like features hidden from my dad. That would totally make my dad think it wasn't a dream, and I can't have him freaking out.