chapter 11= think about that?

Julia's POV

Dad had taken Charlie and I to the aquarium for the day.

"They're like the bears at the North Pole, dad." Charlie smiled as we all watched great, big polar bears swimming around the tank.

"Kids, I already told you, we did not go to the North Pole. That was a dream!" Dad retaliated.

"You're in denial, dad." Charlie rolled his eyes playfully.

"Denial! You don't even know what that means!" Dad leaned down to him slightly.

"Well, you are. Charlie and I know what happened!" I sighed.

"How do you know that? How?! You don't have any proof!" Dad raised his voice slightly.

"Proof?" Charlie started to rummage through his backpack.

"We can't we both think of it as just a great dream and forget about it!" Dad looked away from Charlie and I.

"What about this? Remember all the neat stuff inside?" Charlie held up his snow globe to dad.

"Charlie, this is a toy. We used to make things like this at work, but no one bought 'em!" Dad stared at the globe for a split second.

"Dad, that may be a toy, but it was a toy gifted to Charlie by an elf... An actual, magical elf. Why is that so hard to understand? You saw Bernard give it to him!" I whined.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." Dad dismissed my comment and brushed past Charlie and I.

-time skip-
5 minutes later...

Charlie, Dad, and I were walking side-by-side down a long, wide, snow-covered road.

"I know who you are, dad. You'll figure it out soon enough." Charlie looked up at dad.

"There are a lot of kids who believe in you." I smiled at dad.

"You can't let them down." Charlie sighed.

"Charlie, you're wrong." Dad pointed a finger.

I suddenly looked behind me and giggled.
I nudged Charlie to look behind him, he looked over his shoulder, turned back at me, and giggled.

"What's so funny?" Dad asked.

"Nothing." Charlie and I giggled.

Little did dad know, a trail of stray deer were following him in one straight line.

-time skip-
Monday, at school...

It was lunchtime, and I was putting my stuff in my locker when I looked to see a group of girls giggling and whispering at me.

I frowned in confusion.

I looked away for a second.

I looked back to see them talking to a teacher. Snitches.

But... I didn't do anything wrong!

Just then, in the corner of my eye, I saw Mrs. Perkins, the principal, standing next to me.

"Miss Calvin," she began, her stern voice unsettling me. "Do you think that the school rules are a joke?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, miss. I don't know what you mean by that." I said softly, bowing my head in phantom shame.

"You're hair. One of this school's most strict rules are no coloured hair. You, miss Calvin, have just earned yourself a detention with me after school today. See you there." She swiftly turned around and walked away.