chapter 5= The North Pole?!?!

Julia's POV

My eyes slowly opened. I saw the sun peaking over the horizon, casting a golden aura onto the skyscrapers.

"Morning Julia, morning sport," dad exclaimed. Charlie had just woken up as well. "We're done, Comet. Ho-ho-ho! Back to the house." Dad chuckled.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night," dad exclaimed. "When I wake up, I'm getting a CAT scan!" Dad added, gaining a chuckle from me.

Soon enough, the sky began to darken, and suddenly we came to an area that had mounds of snow as far as the eye could see.

The reindeer landed with a thud!

"Is this okay, dad?" Charlie broke a short silence.

"No, it's not okay," dad turned to the area. "Hey, does this look like home to you guys?"

The reindeer exchanged glances of annoyance, and suddenly loosened themselves from the sleigh and ran off into the snowy scapes.

"Hey, hey! Where you going? Come back here!" Dad called the beasts.

"Oh." Dad grunted as he sat down in the sleigh with Charlie and I and put his head on his hand.

Then, we footsteps approaching in the snow.

I wrapped my coat around my body, my bare legs shivering in the Sub-Zero temperatures.

We saw a boy emerging from the snow banks and standing opposite the sleigh.

"Hey, hey! Hey, buddy!" Dad shouted at the boy. "You, sir! Hey!" He added.

The boy took off his winter gloves, rubbed his hands together and blew on them to keep them warm.

I then noticed he had pointy ears.

He was an elf.

I saw Charlie tilt his head in confusion, a smile resting on his lips.

"Can you hear me?" Dad shouted.

The boy reached into the snow and pulled out a red and white striped pole.

As the pole came out from the ground, dad leaned into Charlie and I and whispered, "What's that?"

"I don't know." I replied.

"I think it's the North Pole." Charlie muttered.

"That's the North Pole?!" Dad asked.

"Hey, buddy! We need some help!" Dad continued to shout at the boy.

"Hello! What are you doing?" Dad continued to yell.

A little pinpad shot out of the side of the pole. The boy punched in the code, and stood with his arms folded, a smug smile resting on his lips.

We then felt a slight rumble in the ground, and the sleigh began to slowly descend into a little room.

Children were dancing around, some were working, and some had stopped to look at the marvelous sleigh making it's descent.

I saw all the kids had pointy ears.

Elves... They were all elves.

"Oh, Charlie, look." I muttered, pointing to the reindeer that had appeared in puffs of silver dust, the elves await their arrival to bathe them.

"Hey, look! Here comes the new Santa!" I heard an elf yell in excitement.

"Stay back." Dad put an arm across Charlie and I.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed.

The sleigh finally secured itself to the ground.

"Where are all the grown ups?" Dad asked, looking around to only see kids.