𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

I walk to my last class of the day, art. I really don't mind art, we're just doing this painting assignment. Hopefully it helps me get my mind off everything that's happened today. I finish within 20 minutes and just decide to scroll through Tiktok for the rest of class while occasionally texting Olivia and Mia. The bell rings 20 minutes later, finally, it's time to leave!

I leave class in a rush, I don't want to be here any longer than I have to. I meet Olivia at the entrance of the school and we start walking to her car. We drove in silence, we didn't talk to each other, there was no music blasting, just silence. 

I told her what happened with Elijah during art, so I guess she took the hint that I'm in the mood to talk. I'm guessing she knows I just didn't want to talk about it. She pulled up into my driveway "Bye" she said smiling. "Bye" I said, smiling back.

I get inside and change into my gym clothes, I need to go workout before I have to leave for Austin's house. I get changed and head into my car, driving off. I get there and it's pretty empty, just how I like it. I start off on the treadmill for about an hour. Then simple stuff, some sit-ups and crunches. 2 hours go by and I get home, shower, change. I check the time, 5:52 pm. I'll get there by 6:10.

I grab my backpack and call my mom before I leave, letting her know I won't be home when she comes back from work. "Hey mom, I just wanted to tell you I'm not going to be home when you come back from work" I said leaving the house. 

"Ok, where are you going?" she asked. "I'm going to Austin's house for a history project" I reply, I can already imagine her reaction. "You don't have to lie about the project part honey, it's fine!" she says. "Mom, I'm being serious," I said, lightly chuckling.

My mom and Austin's mom are friends from high school and have been close since. When they had Austin and I, they were convinced we're going to end up together. "Ok well I'm here so I should go now, bye mom". "Bye honey" my mom replied before hanging up. 

I put my phone back into my pocket and rang the doorbell. Austin's little sister, Veronica, opened the door. "Hi Madison," she said, hugging my leg. "Hi Veronica," I replied, lifting her up. I walked over to the living room. "Where's your brother?" I asked. He better help me with this project.

"He's upstairs," She said, smiling. She's adorable, I wish I had a little sister. Well he's probably not going to help so I guess I'll start. I take my things out of my backpack and set it up. I finished setting up everything and sat there texting Olivia for a minute. 

"Madison, Can I have some juice?" Veronica asked. "Of course," I replied, getting up and heading to the kitchen. I open the fridge and find some fruit punch, this should do.

I find a cup and pour some juice in it. I hand it to Veronica as I walk back into the living room. I sit down on the couch with Emily, watching Cinderella. While moving to sit closer to me, Emily spills some of her juice on my white t-shirt.

 "Oh, I'm sorry!" Veronica says. "Don't worry it's okay" I said getting up. Maybe I can get the stain out with some water.

Fuck, all that did was spread the stain! Ok, now what? "I'll get you another shirt" says Veronica, running up the stairs. She comes back downstairs with Austin. "Needed a shirt?" he said, throwing it at me. 

"Yeah, Veronica accidentally spilled some juice on mine" I replied walking to the bathroom. I step in and take off my shirt and put Austin's on.

Why the fuck is it so big? It goes down to my mid thigh and it's oversized as fuck. I walk out of the bathroom and hear the doorbell ring. "I'll get it," says Austin. I walk back to the living room, starting this project. 

"Hey Austin!" I hear Jessica's obnoxious voice says. Why does she purposely try to make her voice more high pitched than it already is? It's so annoying.

"Me and Jessica are gonna be upstairs, don't go in my room" says Austin. Ew, I don't even want to think about what they're going to do. I heard them both walk upstairs and turned up the volume to avoid hearing any sounds from upstairs. I start working on my project, making some small people out of clay and such.

After making these clay people, I check the time, 8:30. Wow, those 2 hours went by pretty fast, I deserve a break. I grab my phone from the kitchen island and check for any texts. None. I guess I could scroll on Tiktok for a bit. 

After about 5 minutes I hear footsteps walking down the stairs. Jessica walks into the living room and picks up Veronica, hugging her. Veronica looks annoyed, I'm guessing she doesn't like Jessica either. Then she makes eye contact with me.

She gives me a dirty look and checks the time on her phone. She looks at me again, really analyzing something. Do I look bad or something? "Austin, what's this slut doing wearing your shirt?" she asked, in that same obnoxiously high pitched voice. 

Who the fuck is she calling a slut, I know for a fact that she shouldn't be talking. I stand up and walk over to her. "Who the fuck are you calling a slut" I spat, angrily.

Before she could respond, Austin stood between both of us. "Madison just borrowed it because she accidentally stained hers. Anyways, I think you should leave now, Jessica" he said, leading her to the front door. If Austin didn't step between us, I would have punched her so hard she wouldn't wake up for days. 

Jessica finally leaves and Austin walks back into the living room. "Sorry about her," he said, sitting down to help with the project. "It's fine, you don't need to apologize on her behalf"

"I brought a glue gun," he says, handing it to me. I plug it into the outlet and start using it. I put some glue on one of the figures' feet to stick it on the cardboard. Without realizing I wipe some glue off the cardboard with my finger. 

"Fuck!" I yell, the glue burning my finger. Austin grabs my free hand and pulls me up, leading me to the sink. "Dumbass" he laughs quietly, but loud enough so I could hear it. Rude. 

He turns the tap to the cold side and grabs my hand, putting it under the running water. "Why would you touch the glue?" he asked. "My bad, I was thinking about something and didn't realize" I responded.

"Thinking about what?" he asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat, I'm not going to tell him about what happened during math with Elijah.

"A science test I have next week and when I'm supposed to study for it" I lied. I'm guessing he bought it since he didn't say anything back. I continue leaving my finger under the running water while Austin gets me some ice. I turn off the water and apply the ice on my finger.

"Thanks" I said. He gives me a slight nod back. This feels weird, he's being so nice. If only he were like this every other day.