𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"Well isn't this interesting" he says with a smirk as I step inside. "I will actually hit you" I replied. "It's an adventure, love" he said with that smirk. Oh how badly I want to smack it off his face. "Congrats! In this adventure, you'll be sleeping on the floor" I replied, smiling sweetly.

"Or wait nevermind, I have a question. How against sleeping in the hallway are you?" I asked, still smiling that sweet smile from before. "No chance, love. I call this bed. You can sleep here with me but that couch over there is always an option."

I look over at the tiny couch placed in this room. I bet you an 8 year old wouldn't have enough space to sleep comfortably on that thing and you're telling me, a 5'8 girl to? Yeah, no way that's happening.  

"You know what, I will. I'll be in the bathroom though, I'm taking a shower" I said, unpacking my suitcase. I had already showered but after what happened with Elijah on that plane, I just feel so gross. I need to wash the touch of his hands off my body.

Oh my god! I forgot that the clothes I picked out to sleep in were an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts. Now I have to wear that in front of Austin. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel uncomfortable. I just really hope he doesn't say anything about my thighs.

I check the notifications on my phone and apparently Mr. Smith, my math teacher, decided to post homework for me too even though I know Mrs. Santiago told him not to. Let's be honest though, he's probably one of the most annoying teachers at our school. What did I really expect from him anyways?

I quickly took a nice hot shower, like I literally felt my body relax type of hot shower. Changing into my clothes felt weird though, will he judge me? Who cares, I mean I'm stuck with him for this entire week, may as well get used to it.

I throw my hair into a messy bun while I do my skincare since I'm the type of stupid bitch to fall asleep while doing my homework. Once I'm done, I step out of the bathroom and grab my backpack to finish my homework.

As I walk towards my backpack, I feel Austin's eyes on me. I see him staring at me, but it wasn't the creepy, uncomfortable kind of staring. He averts his gaze for a second but continues staring right after. I'm so confused right now but okay.

Oh nevermind, he probably just noticed my huge thighs. Now that I look down at them, they look fucking massive. The cellulite is more visible than ever, what the fuck!

"Well I'm gonna go get ready for bed. You done in the bathroom?" he asked, getting off the bed.

"Yeah, go ahead" I replied, sitting down on the couch. I know I said it would be uncomfortable but I'd rather sit here than on that bed with Austin. To be honest, sleeping here might not be so bad.

I open my laptop and open whatever Mr. Smith posted. This guy literally didn't give me any work during class last week so why would he now? It's not even like it's a quick few questions, there's at least 75. What the fuck, man!

These questions look like I'm going to take at least 10 minutes for each. And it's due tomorrow night, just great. I swear we haven't even learned any of this stuff either! He's probably doing it because he wants me to fail or something. Trust me, he's the type to actually do something like that.

Well, complaining isn't getting me anywhere and I don't want to fail so I have no choice but to do it. The bathroom door opens as I pull out my calculator to do my math. I look up to see Austin, shirtless. Of course he's shirtless, but like I'm not complaining. He looks kinda good.

Wait what! No, I'm not supposed to say that, I hate him! "Stare all you want, love. I don't mind" he said, walking towards the bed. Fuck! He wasn't supposed to realize. Now I look so stupid!

"I wasn't staring. By the way, you know you can put on a shirt once in a while, right?" I said, while trying to do my math homework. That smirk on his face only grows bigger. I literally can't focus though, he's all I can think about.

What the fuck! No he's not, I've gone insane. I go back to my work and finish a few questions, at least 5, I think. My eyes get heavier as each minute passes. Maybe I could just take a little nap and then I'll finish my work.

I shut my eyes, trying to fall asleep but this couch is so uncomfortable! It's only for a few minutes though, then I have to get back to my homework. 10 minutes pass and I'm in that half asleep half awake stage when I feel a weight being lifted off of me.

Suddenly, I feel two muscular arms pick me up bridal style. I flutter my eyes open, trying to figure out who it is. Austin lays me down on the right side and pulls the covers over the both of us as he lays down next to me.

"I can't sleep yet, I have so much math homework to do" I said, sitting up and yawning. "No you're not. It's 1am and I can tell you're tired. Go to sleep" he replied sternly while pulling on my arm to lie me down.

"But I'm gonna fail if I don't, and it's due tomorrow. I don't even understand it!" I said, exhaustively. "I'll help you tomorrow, just please go to sleep" he replied, tiredly. "Fine" I reply, trying to get comfortable.

Continuous minutes of tossing and turning later and I still can't fall asleep. I've tried to but there's something about Elijah only being a room away that just doesn't sit right with me.

I turn to my side, my back facing Austin and finally get comfortable. Finally, my eyes start to get heavier as I close them shut and drift off to sleep.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

I wake up and check the time on my phone. Only about 10 minutes have passed since I fell asleep since I woke up from another nightmare. It wasn't as bad as some of them are but enough to wake me up.

I try to steady my breathing since it's pretty fucking loud right now and I'm not trying to wake Austin up.

"Stop breathing so loud" he grumbled.

"Sorry" I whisper, lying back down.

My nightmare probably doesn't sound too scary or whatever, but having to relive what happened in that airplane washroom, in a nightmare isn't very fun to say the least.

I try to sleep but Elijah being so close bothers me even more now and I don't know what to do. I'm gonna be so tired if I don't sleep and I actually want to! It's not like I brought some stuffed animal to cuddle with either.

I turn to my other side, now facing Austin's back. This is going to be so fucking awkward but I need to fall asleep somehow. Fuck it.

I move closer and snuggle into Austin's back. Trust me, I wouldn't have done it if I could have fallen asleep without some weird nightmare.

"Are you spooning me?" he quietly asked. You could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Sorry, I was scared" I whispered, feeling more embarrassed each passing second.

I slowly retracted my hands, about to turn my back towards him when I felt him turn to face me. "It's okay, just don't think about it. Now go to sleep" He said softly while pulling me close.

I shut my eyes once more, feeling a sense of relief. After a few minutes of lying in silence, I finally fall asleep. 

A/N

So we're at 300 views?? Thank you!! Omg this feel so weird, I don't know how I got here. This means a lot thank you!!