𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

This trip has been interesting to say the least. It's fun for sure but something feels off and it's all I've been able to think about. Madison has been in that washroom for a while now. What's taking her forever?

I spot her seconds later, speed walking back to her seat. She sits down and lies her head against the window. She had it open so I assumed she was just looking out and went back to watching whatever movie was playing.

About 20 minutes pass by and I realize Madison's fast asleep. Her head lays on the window and all I can think about is how uncomfortable it must be. I slowly lift her head and lay it on my chest instead.

As I look at her, I notice some smudged mascara underneath her eyes. Was she crying? Even though I know she's sleeping, I start playing with her hair, almost subconsciously. It was something I always did to comfort her when we were younger. It always helped her calm down.

I wish this moment could last forever, holding the girl of my dreams in my arms while she peacefully sleeps. Most people think we hate each other, I don't know about her but I feel the complete opposite.

I used to tease and annoy her a lot since it was as simple as that with any other girl, except her. It's what worked for other guys, me included. They would tease girls they liked and they'd start liking them back but Madison was nothing like those other girls. I teased and annoyed for 4 years and I know she hates me now.

As you can tell, I have horrible luck.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

2 hours pass by and our flight finally lands. I gently lift Madison's head off my chest so she doesn't know that I purposely moved her to lie on me. I get our bags and wake her up before leaving.

We go through security, get our bags and wait for I'm assuming a school bus to take us to the hotel we'll be staying at. Minutes later, like I had expected, a school bus pulls up to pick us up.

I sat with Madison again, wanting nothing but to just go to sleep. I can't explain it but there's this weird feeling I'm getting, I can't describe it but it's all I've been able to think about since Madison's been in the washroom.

We pull up to some huge, grand looking hotel. Our school can actually afford this? Shocking considering they can barely afford working sinks. Madison and I get off once we stop and arrive at the hotel.

Mrs. Santiago goes to the front desk to get the key cards for everyone's rooms while I walk over to Elijah. He's really the only person I know here except for Madison. He's talking to me while his friends continue talking amongst themselves.

"Holy shit she looks so hot" says one of them, looking near Madison's direction. All of a sudden I have the urge to punch him but there's other girls behind her, so he could be talking about one of them. Either way, it's so disgusting.