𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Time goes by pretty quickly while the two of us continue gluing the figures. Austin ended up doing most of it since my finger still hurt. "I'm gonna do one of the diary entries in my room, wanna join?" Austin said, grabbing his stuff. 

Veronica was asleep and I kind of wanted company, I may as well. "Yeah, sure," I replied. I grabbed my backpack and headed upstairs, following Austin.

"My desk is a mess so we'll just use my bed instead" he said sitting down. I sit down on the bed on his right. I open up my laptop and put on my glasses while Austin walks into the bathroom. 

I sit there typing whatever comes to mind while the bathroom door opens. I already knew it was Austin so I didn't bother looking up, but he stood there for a solid minute.

I look up at him and find him staring at me, weird. "Are you okay?" I asked. What's up with him, why's he staring at me like that? "Sorry my bad, zoned out" he replied while sitting back down next to me. Whatever. I go back to doing my work but I swear, it feels like his eyes on me again.

I look at him from the corner of my eye and I'm right, he's staring. Is it the glasses? I never really wore glasses growing up or in class, maybe he just thinks I look different. But still, staring that much? 

I should probably ask him about it, he's being really weird. "Is something wrong?" I asked, lowkey kind of concerned now. "Yeah, no, I'm fine," he said, going back to his work.

I've been doing my work for 20 minutes, I deserve a break now. I pull out my phone and text Mia since I'm bored, she's always on her phone anyways. I was laughing at some dumb joke Mia made until Austin decided to question me about it. 

"Who're you texting?" he asks, with a grin.

"Calm down, it's Mia," I replied, texting her back.

She sent me a really zoomed in picture of her and I started laughing again, this time louder. While laughing Austin grabbed my phone. "Hey, give it back!" I yell. "Wait" he replied, holding my phone higher up so I can't reach it. "Austin, give it back!" I yell again. "Seriously I was just texting Mia, calm down". "Fine, fine, here" he replied, finally giving it back.

"Don't worry, I know you weren't texting any guys. You're ugly anyways" he said, lightly chuckling. "You're talking? You're uglier than me" I replied, smiling widely. 

We continued arguing for about 10 minutes about who's uglier until the door opened. "Hey Veronica, everything alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm just hungry. Could you make me something to eat?" she asked with an adorable smile.

"Of course, what do you want?" I asked. "Chicken nuggets!" she asked with a bright smile. This girl is the cutest. "Ok, you want some?" I asked, looking at Austin. "Yeah, sure," he replied.

Austin and I get off the bed, following Veronica downstairs. I get into the kitchen and start searching for the chicken nuggets in the freezer. I find them and toss some in the air fryer. 

I walk back into the living room where Emily and Austin are seated on the couch. I sit next to Veronica, "So what are we watching?" I asked, smiling.

"Spongebob!" she replied in an enthusiastic tone. We continued watching until I heard the air fryer go off. "Dinner time" I yelled walking to the kitchen. Austin and Veronica get up and grab their plates. I give them their food, and I grab just one and pop it into my mouth. Hopefully one of these doesn't have too many calories.

Austin and Veronica finish their food and I quickly clean up, washing the dishes. "Move aside, I'll wash the dishes" Austin said, pushing me to the side. 

Why was the push so aggressive, I swear I broke something. Austin washes the dishes while I wipe them dry and put them back.

We both walked back to the living room and sat on the couch. Veronica insisted on sitting next to me, so she's on my right while Austin sits on my left. "Can we watch The Princess and The Frog?" she asked.

 "Yay, sure!" I reply smiling. The Princess and The Frog was my favorite movie growing up and still is. I will forever love that movie.

"Do we have to watch a Disney princess movie?" Austin asked, annoyed. "Yes, now shut up, you're not supposed to be talking right now" I replied.

We're halfway into the movie and Veronica's already asleep on my lap. I'm honestly pretty tired myself, I barely slept 3 hours last night. I find myself yawning every 2 seconds and my eyes feeling really tired.

I'll just take a little nap, then I'll go home and go to bed. It's Friday anyways, I'll be able to sleep for as long as I want. I slowly close my eyes and the darkness starts consuming me as I do so. 

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter!