𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

The rest of our day wasn't anything fun. We walked around for a little longer then went to another museum afterwards. It's 7:30 now and we finally got back to our hotel.

I need to find a way to leave during dinner and go to the gym. I would've gone this morning but I couldn't get out of bed. Going now works better though since Austin and I agreed that I shower at night, he showers in the morning.

Now I need to figure out how I can leave without being questioned. I might only be able to work out for about an hour but it's better than nothing.

"Hey, come on. Let's go down for dinner. Everyone else is already there" Austin announced as he walked out of the bathroom.

"I'll go in a bit, I'm gonna go to the gym for a bit" I replied as I grabbed my water bottle off the coffee table.

"You know you're not supposed to work out on an empty stomach right? You haven't eaten anything" he questioned. Not in the mood to deal with this right now, even though I know it's for my own good.

"I'll be fine, trust me. I'll eat right after I work out and shower" I assured him. I'm not going to eat, obviously, but I don't need him worrying about me. He's probably already dealing with his own shit, he doesn't need to take care of me, I can do it myself.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel dizzy or anything afterwards." I appreciate his concern, I really do but I can't lie to him. I can but he always knows, that's why I'm always looking down when he brings this topic up.

"I'll be fine, see you in a bit" I smiled while leaving our room. I let out a sigh of relief, at least the questions are over.

I basically run towards the gym, desperately needing to work out. It makes me feel horrible if I don't, especially if I miss a day.

This gym is completely empty so I don't have to worry about people staring or judging me, it makes me feel so uncomfortable. This gym is also kind of hidden so I don't have to worry about seeing Elijah.

I couldn't even find it myself, so I had to ask the old man at the front desk. He gave me a weird vibe, like I literally saw him checking me out, mind you I'm in fitted gym clothes. I think that says enough already.

I started with a few sit ups, crunches, a plank, the basics. Time went by pretty fast if I'm being honest, I only have a few minutes left of working out then I can go shower.

I stretch out my arms for a second since I'm exhausted when I hear the door open. My head immediately turns to the door where I see the same old man at the front desk.

What does he want?

"Hey beautiful" he said, leaning against the wall.

"Um Hi? Do you need something?" I asked, confused.

"Your number would be nice" he smirked.

The fuck?

"Yeah, I'm good, thanks" I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Stubborn I see. I get off work in a bit, maybe we could grab dinner together?" He asked.

"Like I said, I'm good" I said, faking a smile

"Oh come on, give me a chan-"

He was about to finish his sentence when the door opened again. I heard someone breathing heavily, like they had just run a marathon. As I looked over I realized Austin was here. What's he doing here?

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking over at him a little concerned.

"Sorry, you were gone for way over an hour so I decided to text you but you didn't reply so I came downstairs to check on you" he rambled as he tried to catch his breath.

"I'll leave now" said the old man as he made his way to the door and walked out.

"Who was that?" he questioned. "Some old creep I met at the front desk. He wanted my number and to take me out for dinner" I laughed explaining the last part. "He didn't try anything did he?" Austin asked, concern evident in his voice.

"No, no, it's nothing like that. Sure he was being annoying and wouldn't shut up but nothing like that" I reassured him. "So, I still need to shower. Let's head upstairs?" "Yeah" he mumbled.

I felt Austin wrap his arm around my waist as we walked by the front desk again. "Calm down, he's not doing anything" I laughed. He's being so weird.

His arm left my waist as we got out of the elevator. Austin sat down on his phone and I grabbed my clothes and skincare products before heading into the bathroom to shower.

I took a decent half hour in the shower alone, but not my fault. Just standing underneath the hot water feels so good. Ugh, now I have my stupid math homework to do! I'm actually going to kill Mr. Smith when I get back.

I step out of the bathroom and pick up my backpack. Once I set my stuff down on the table, I realize that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Austin said he'd help me but I don't wanna ask, I feel like he's gonna judge me. Whatever, it's either that or I fail.

"Hey, you're not busy are you?"

"No, why?"

"Remember that math homework? I kinda need help with it" I admitted, embarrassed.

"Sure, I have nothing to do anyways and I did promise so why not" he replied. At least he agreed.

Once he finished explaining I felt super dumb for not understanding before. This was so easy, why was I confused?

"Here, try one" he said after explaining a few questions.

"Is that right?" I asked after attempting one on my own.

"Yeah, see, you'll be fine" he said as he went to sit back down on the bed.

I finish my work within 45 minutes which isn't bad at all considering the fact that I thought it would take me 10 minutes per question. I quickly got up and started putting my stuff back into my backpack, deciding to go to bed now.

Yes! Austin didn't force me to eat, thank god. I totally forgot.

As I climb into bed, I notice Austin looking tense and deep in thought. Perfect time to smack him with a pillow! I grabbed the pillow behind me and smacked his face.

"What the hell are you thinking about?" I asked, laughing at him.

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked over at me, his features softened as he did so. "Sorry, finals, you know" he quickly explained. Except the way he explained it was familiar. It's exactly how I would explain what I was thinking about anytime I thought about some weird experience with Elijah. Like he had to come up with a lie on the spot.

I've never really seen him like this, he seems almost paranoid. "Are you okay?" I asked, genuinely worried. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry about me" he said with a fake smile. I could tell it was fake, I knew that look.

I got out of bed and turned the light off before falling asleep. As soon as I got into bed, Austin tried to fall asleep, like straight away. A little odd since he's usually always up texting me at like 1 am and it's only 11:30 right now. He never sleeps this early. 

I got comfortable and tried to fall asleep but me being me, my thoughts just wouldn't shut up. I stayed awake for a bit before I heard light snores from Austin. I quietly giggled to myself.

Suddenly, I felt Austin's arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer into him. I looked up at him to see if he was really asleep and he was. I'm not complaining though, I'm comfortable too.

Soon enough my eyes start to shut and I entered dreamland.