Chapter 4: Where are we?

'YOU ARE THE ONE GOING TO HELL MUZAN!! I WILL DEFEAT YOU FOR SURE!!!'

'Come and get me if you can, KAMADO TANJIROU!!!'

Tanjirou woke up with a start as he sat uprightly on the bed. He had beads of sweat dripping from his head as he tried to control his breathing. Suddenly, he squinted his eyes noticing the bright light that shone in the room. Something felt different about this place. There was no fragrance of wisteria. There were times when he came back from missions and was severely injured then came to the Butterfly estate for assistance. He would always wake up with a whiff of wisteria in the air.

Tanjirou noticed that he was not injured. His body was in perfect condition. But why was he here then? He wasn't engaged in any recent battle till-

'Muzan!' He stood quickly as all the thoughts rushed through his head.

He remembered. He was rushing to the estate along with Tomioka. Just Before they got there, the Ubuyashiki mansion exploded. They rushed quickly only to see the demon himself with Tamayo stuck to him. Each of them unleashed their breathing forms till they started falling into what he assumed was a trap set for him.

That's right! The others were fighting with their lives on the line and he was here slumbering. But all this didn't feel right at all. He shook his head to clear any doubts. He had to get to the others and help them as soon as possible. He had to go to Tomioka's aid.

At that moment, the door slid open revealing a tall man standing in the doorway. He wore a tired and grim expression on his face. His unruly long hair reached his shoulders and his black piercing eyes with a binding cloth wrapped around his neck. The man kept his eyes on the awoken slayers before glancing across the room and raising his eyebrows.

'How was a bunch of teenagers able to get past security without any signal going off?' Aizawa contemplated. 'As if my day couldn't get more annoying.'

Tanjirou glanced at the man with confused eyes. Something about him felt unsettling. He had a good reason to be though. Nothing around him felt right. He was off facing Muzan a second ago. Now he was here! Just that he didn't know exactly where.
He didn't know that he was shaking till he felt a hand placed on his shoulder.

"Kid, it's okay now. You are safe." Aizawa calmly stated. He hoped that worked because he tried his best to not let his mood make him uncomfortable.

Tanjirou managed to calm down a little. Yet, he felt odd. Everything here was odd. He was startled when he turned seeing his two friends lying on separate beds next to him.

'They are also here. And it seems like they are unconscious too. What is going on?' He noticed that Inosuke had his mask removed. Slowly, he turned back to the pro-hero.

'This man's different. He has a strange aura hovering around him.'He thought. 'But_'. However, The burgundy-haired slayer froze.

'To think a bunch of kids are moving around with swords? Real swords?!' The pro hero thought as he recollected earlier when Kendo and Monoma told him they had swords. They showed it to him of course. He and Vlad King confiscated them for now.  His thoughts came to a halt as something suddenly popped from his binding cloth.

"Thanks for the ride, Aizawa," Nezu said with a cup of tea in hand. Aizawa only stared blankly at the... bear...mouse(Author-san has no idea) wondering how he got there in the first place. Sure, he called the principal but didn't expect to appear from his scarf-like material.

That was when it clicked in Tanjirou. A mouse can't talk unless...

'It's a demon! This should be a blood demon art or an illusion or dream state like with the battle with lower moon one on the Mugen train!' His fists tightened after the last assumption he had.