Chapter 26: The Next Stage

To say Uzui had no idea of his whereabouts was an understatement. Standing on top of the room in the building, he peered at the people below. Some of them appeared to be mutated or had additional parts. His eyes narrowed at what the so-called demons thought they were.

He began to miss the master's mansion. He left the others without any warning. Having thought deeply, he decided that it must be Muzan's plan, but again, the bastard also disappeared, and for the past hour he has stayed since their absence. There were no reports of demons.

What a pain!

He stood from his crouching position, almost drowning in the display. He caught a faint sound as he sharply turned to the perpetrator. His eyes shone in recognition, yet he was a bit doubtful.

"Ara... Don't tell me you couldn't recognize me, Uzui-san." The butterfly pillar smiled. Her tone held disappointment.

Uzui could tell her emotions from the tone of her voice. He doesn't need to read her face to know. That was the real Kocho. Glancing at her figure again, she had company, and by company, he meant the stone pillar.

"Namu Amida butsu. We have found another." He said it with tears streaming down his face. "The fact that you are here means the others are here as well."

Uzui was glad to reunite with his former pillars. However, there were urgent matters at hand.

"So, how did you wind up here?" Shinobu asked out of the blue.

"Hm... That's quite simple, Kocho. I just did." He remarked, enjoying the angered smile on her face.

"You should know by now that it's not time for teasing." She faced him.

"Alright." He surrendered. "Honestly, the last thing I remember was being at the headquarters; now I'm here." A flashback flooded his mind to the time when Urokodaki mentioned Nezuko being sucked into space.

Could it be?

"Right now, we must find Muzan, and if lucky, find the others. This place is crawling with demons. There is no time to dwell on them." Uzui hummed in agreement.

Why aren't they attacking?

No words were needed as he soon sprinted into a dash. Tengen Uzui, a former shinobi, would have more experience with the activity. Being stealthy and fast is most demanded of a shinobi.

Gyomei and Shinobu had no trouble keeping up with the former pillar. He was a little ahead of them, but still the fastest.

After a few minutes of sprinting and leaping from the building, the pillars came to a stop. A thought crossed the insect pillar: did he find Muzan?

Tengen's gaze lomgered on the purple-haired lad who was walking across the pavement. His mind wandered back to him when they were at the bakery. Without saying anything, he quietly followed the boy.

"Anything wrong?" Gyomei asked, sensing the pause from the others.

"Uzui took off in another direction." Shinobu huffed his clothes early, surprised by the action that took place.

"Yes. Let's follow him."

Shinsou spent more time than necessary on some random stranger. However, he couldn't get rid of the feeling that he had helped that man. He could be something else, for all he knows. Perhaps it was really just a misunderstanding?

He frowning, thinking of what wrong he had done. For all he could possibly determine, he could be a villain. Aizawa-sensei would definitely not approve of what he did.

Would he face situations like this once he became a hero? Or perhaps something worse? Despite All Might having retired, nothing grave has occurred. But what are the chances that he could become a hero?

People regarded his quirks as those of a villain, saying they were very unhero-like. That all changed ever since he met Midoriya and Aizawa; even his friends from the general studies class support him.

He smiled shortly to himself, satisfied that he had been blessed with supportive people. He glanced at the time before picking up the pace.

He swiveled to a corner, passing the kids who were playing with hero action figures, before stumbling upon something. He reacted by touching his head, wondering what he hit. Looking up, he widened his eyes in recognition.

"Sorry about this, kid, but you need to come with me." Before the boy could react, he felt himself being thrown across a shoulder and suddenly moving in another direction.

"Hey! What are you?" He panicked, struggling to release his grip on the stranger. Times like this would urge him to use his quirk, but he was knocked out cold.

******

Shinobu and Himejima did not expect Uzui to return much less with a boy hung over his shoulder. Shinobu was about to speak until the man cut her off.

"This kid helped me once I got here. I was in an unavoidable situation, and he got me out of it." He explained. "I think he might have an idea of where we are."

"Does he appear to have any strange appearance, though?"

Tengen gently lowered the boy to the ground. "Well, he does have an unflashy appearance, if you'd ask me."

Himejima frowned disapprovingly at the young man before turning his attention to Shinobu. "Perhaps we could gain information from him. If what he says is true."

Shinobu focused on the purple-haired teen. Recalling what she had

done

to a fellow thunderbreather near death's door, she tried it again.

"Hello! Are you okay?" His hand twitched a little, and his eyes shot open as cold sweat trickled down his face. His gaze looked foggy, not being able to draw out the faces of those looking down at him.

"What's going on?" He mindlessly asked, sitting upright and clutching his head with a hand.

He rubbed his eyes to see clearly, only to regret it instantly. The two unfamiliar faces looking at him didn't sit well with him.

"Hmm. Up already." Tengen stood next to the lad as Shinsou only gave a nervous smile.

"Who are you, guys?"

Preview

" Geez! I never imagined someone could be like Bakugo in a way." Ojiro said.

"I didn't think he would be Genya's brother. But I guess it would have been obvious given their looks." Sato replied.

"Don't forget that crazy smile. of theirs, it gives me creeps." Mineta cried.

"I wonder how much more we have to endure this."

"Next Chapter 27: Shinsou kidnapped?! "