Chapter 9: Demons

Kiriya found his breathing beginning to get shallow. He had no idea what just happened as it came as a shock. His face was dripping with sweat despite the fact that it was cool in the night. Just a moment ago, the slayers  cornered the demon king. Muzan also had a game in mind releasing the slayers into his domain, unfortunately something else made everyone vanish. The same tension could be felt by his sisters, Kuina and Kanata.

Kanata glanced at her brother wondering what they should do next. Kuina gripped the talisman placed on her forehead while glancing at her respective siblings.

The two former hashiras noticed the tense atmosphere in the room. Surely it must be the battle. Tengen could not help but show respect to the new master. Despite his parents death and young age, he still continued to give orders on the battle field. However, he listened to his heartbeat that was threatening to leap out of his chest. Uzui's eyes gaped at the boy.

Something bad has happened, that is why they have been so quiet. Shinjuro had a bad omen. No matter how many times he tried to ignore it, it would always come back. He felt the same sentiment the sound hashiras felt.

"Is anything the problem, young master?" Rengoku Shinjuro inquired worried about the boy's mental state.

"I don't understand. How did this happen? They are no longer here." Kiriya mumbled quietly his eyes searching for answers. His head snapped to his sister." What about the Kasugai crows? Any information? "

"There is no one else except for the regular demon slayers. The Kasugai crows have also decreased by a fair amount." Kuina explained.

"Ubuyashiki-sama, may I ask what is going on?" Uzui calmly asked.

"The Hashiras and a few slayers... they have suddenly disappeared." Tengen and Shinjuro were taken aback. ' It can't be. This has to be some joke.'  The tall man lifted up his head to see that Kiriya was not joking.

"The slayers fell into the fortress of Muzan and while doing so dissapeared." Kanata added further. As she finished, Urokodaki barged in open and apologized for his intrusion. 

"What is it Sakonji? We already have enough matters to de-" Shinjuro got cut off.

"Kamado Nezuko is gone." Tengen snarled.

"What do you mean she is gone? Weren't you supposed to watch her?"

"I was watching her, a strange phenomenom happened. Her body was sucked into a void space, before I could reach her." Urokodaki said with guilt.

"Could it have been what happened to the Hashiras and the others?" Tengen asked.

"Wait... The same thing happened to them?!"

"Seems like it. Ubuyashiki-Sama said they were gone." Tengen finally said.

"This is bad. Our only opportunity will be gone." Shinjuro tightened his fist. Kiriya looked at the three men before he spoke.

"Muzan has also disappeared too."

"What!?" Three heads snapped back at the boy.

"It appears that he disappeared alongside with the slayers at the same time they fell."

"Could this be a game of that bastard?" The cold eyes of the sound pillar stated.

                            ******

Tanjirou gulped. He had no idea what to say. There was a wave of curiosity hovering around the students and he could tell.

'What should I say?'