Chapter 19: Waves of Threat

Read the important author's note at the end.

Akaza frowned, seated on a rooftop while overlooking the city. Days have passed since he and his fellow demons appeared in this so-called place, yet there has been no sign of their beloved master. After they met last time, he looked everywhere he was capable of checking, but there was still no sign of Master Muzan. Should he just give up or regroup with the two uppermoons?

He sighed inwardly, crossing his legs and debating between the two options. Giving up, an attribute he hated, especially in the weak; on the other hand, meeting his seniors would lead is something he refused to do. He definitely doesn't like Kokushibo and hates Douma more. Perhaps if it were the Biwa lady, he would, but there was no sign of her either.

A squeal attracted his attention. His eyes darted below, seeing a young girl running away from what seemed to be her fiancé. Was it a game? His eyes continued following them as the young man caught up to the girl, both of them laughing softly and continuing their walk. Akaza felt his stomach churning. Where has he felt this sensation before? His eyes gaped slowly as the gentle breeze flew through the air. A soft voice called his name.

"Hakuji." He mumbled quietly.

"Eh! Lord Akaza. Yoo~hoo! Down here." A vein popped up from the corner of the uppermoon's head. Suddenly, he stood up to leave, praying that Douma wouldn't follow him anymore.

Out of nowhere, Douma appeared in front of the scowling demon. "I thought it would be nice if we worked together to find Master Muzan. How about it? hmm."

"Get out of my way." Douma obliged, making Akaza a little conscious; nevertheless, he left, not looking back.

"So have you considered me teaming up with you?" Akaza flinched and jumped a safe distance away from the latter.

"What the hell? I told you to get out of my way."

"I did. Now, your path is free."

"Well, then stop following me."

"But you haven't answered me yet."

"Go to hell."

"That wasn't nice of you, Lord Akaza."

"Then go team up with the upper one."

"He disappeared without a trace."

"Then look for him, you idiot. I'm not your babysitter." Akaza finally stated this and ran away as fast as he could. Douma blankly stared at his disappearing figure before pouting and going in the other direction.

******

' Why can't I move?'

' This presence is so overwhelming.'

'So this is the upper one. The strongest Kizuki. It's aura is absolutely terrifying, not to mention the thick scent I detected from it.'

Tanjirou couldn't stop fidgeting; his hands were shaky as he tried to reach his sword. His eyes darted to his friend's side. Zenitsu could barely move as he held shaky breaths while Inosuke was struggling to reach for his sword.

'This demon is bad news. Any wrong move, and we might end up with our heads off.'

Inosuke straightened himself.

'But...'

"Is my presence so thick that you can't even stand?" Tanjirou flinched his eyes, meeting the demon. "To think that you are the same demon slayers who are going up against Master Muzan." His eyes drifted to Zenitsu.