Chapter 22: Chaos

School is getting more stressful with each passing day. I am honestly drained rn. I'm sorry for the late update everyone.

I hope you will enjoy the chapter.

"What a pain." Muichiro mumbled. The officers were doing their best to stop the bleeding of the cat mutant officer so that the ambulance would get here on time. Something feels off about this place, according to Muichiro. It was like a place where supernatural activities were bred. Just like the blood demon arts of demons.

The presence of the demon slayers was attracting attention from bystanders nearby. A news reporter and a cameraman dashed to the scene so as to give an update on the news and what was happening in the vicinity, as they happened to be nearby.

Without much thought, Obanai and Sanemi exchanged nods. With that, all the slayers dashed off, and the wind pillar grabbed onto the mist pillar as they ran off.

"Retreating? What about the demon?" Muichiro asked, looking up at Sanemi.

"Right now, there are too many people watching. Again, it must be some kind of demon art if they have no idea what it is. We just have to find out who tranced them into it." Sanemi clicked his tongue as they turned sharply to a corner on the left. He dropped the boy as they all came to an abrupt stop.

"Damn... This place is confusing. Where are we?" Obanai furrowed his eyebrows, ignoring the looks of people nearby. Mitsuri grabbed his arm, pulling him aside from the flash grenade aimed at them. Before they could react, the light blinded them temporarily.

The five slowly opened their eyes, only to be surrounded by police cars and a bunch of officers aiming their armed weapons at them.

"Why are these fuckers hell bent on arresting us?" Sanemi grunted.

"Keep them at bay till the heroes get here. We can't let them escape." The chief yelled to his men.

"What a joke." The chief shivered slightly at the snake pillar that swiftly passed by him. It felt like a snake slithered past him with ease. Sanemi and Giyuu leapt over the cars, while Muichiro ran past them with ease.

"Please excuse us." Mitsuri apologized, dashing behind him.

To put it briefly, this entire event can be summarized as absolute chaos. Villains nearby took advantage of the situation by bolting into action. The civilians were more puzzled over the people the police were after. They were dressed in the Taisho period and carried swords with them.

"This place..." Obanai began next to Shinazugawa.

"It's a damn maze!" Sanemi finished for him. Sirens rang across the streets, pursuing the slayers. The five gave each other knowing looks and split up. Just like that, the officers became confused and split up in their respective mobiles.

Mitsuri, Muichiro, and Obanai continued on the right side. Peering at a few restaurants, Obanai gaped wide-eyed at the sight of a mutant-type "demon." His eyes narrowed, and his facial expression turned dark. He cursed Muzan as he and Mitsuri continued.

Sanemi didn't complain about Giyuu. This was a matter that needed to be urgently tackled together. He shoved a few people aside, with the others trailing behind him. The sirens were farther from them, meaning they were able to cut them loose.

None of them could understand what was going on, especially since demons and humans were co-existing. A traffic light shone green for the vehicles to move; the pursued had to cause trouble there too. A truck happened to hit the brakes, and cars and buses slammed into one another.

"Look out." Giyuu yelled, skidding to a halt. A leg straight at the two, fortunately, the wind pillar avoided it in time just narrowly.

"Good thing I was in the area. I hope you are ready for me to kick your  butts."Mirko declared with her usual wild grin. She got a call from someone saying that there was a culprit on the loose for stabbing an officer and stealing from the bank. Upon getting here, the entire street was in havoc.