Chapter 24: Innocence (1)

"Tanjirou!" Mitsuri and Muichiro pounced on the boy with gleeful smiles on their faces, relieved to see the boy. The Pro-Heroes they engaged were barely conscious but could only get a blurry glimpse of what was happening. Tanjirou wrestled to be let loose, if only for a second. One, they were barely giving him space to breathe, and two, his nose has picked up another wave of murderous intent aside from Bakugo. Gulping, he glanced at Obanai from the corner of his eye and flinched, not liking the expression he gave him at all. Noticing the color of his face was changing, the others except Bakugo tried to pry them off.

"I think that's enough now." Genya said she was trying to tell Muichiro to release him while Kanao pried Mitsuri off, only for the Pillar to hug her instead of muttering incoherent words.

Tanjirou gasped after being set free. He sighed happily, knowing that they had gotten these three. He wondered how the others were holding up with Sanemi and Giyuu. Immediately, he felt a hand gripping his shoulder tightly. Turning, he met face-to-face with an enraged Snake Pillar.

"Iguro-san, It wasn't like that." He began waving his hands quickly to defend himself but was cut off from a hit by Iguro, knocking him out. Bakugo smirked proudly, still annoyed by the fact he didn't get his turn. Kanao, Genya, and Muichiro blinked. Midoriya wondered why they weren't coming to his aid, while Mitsuri, still oblivious, fawned over the two strangers.

"Now that it's been dealt with," Obanai straightened his composure, walking towards the others, leaving Tanjirou's body. "Can someone explain what is going on?"

"Now isn't a good time. First, we need to get away." Kanao explained as she and the greenette approached the knocked-out slayer.

" You. I don't seem to remember you, and why are you trying to touch Tanjirou?" Muichiro grabbed Midoriya by the wrist as he was about to pick up his friend.

"They are not what you think they are. They are allies." Iguro and Muichiro eyed the two students suspiciously.

"Is that so? Alright." Iguro flinched, hearing Mitsuri.

"Any friend of Tanjirou is mine as well." He swiftly turned his head, gaping at Muichiro. The others looked at him, expecting an answer. He sighed before nodding along.

"But... I don't think I fully trust you yet. Whatever you are, if they say you aren't demons", Iguro informed them, not bothering to look at them as he moved to the other Pillars side. Bakugo internally scoffed, rolling his eyes at the short man. Maybe he would have been better following Hawks and that crybaby.

"The police and heroes would arrive soon. We should get going." Midoriya stated, looking at Gang Orca and Kamui. "We will meet up with the others at U.A."

"Yeah, we get it, Deku!" Bakugo snapped, irritated by the explanation that was stated for the 7th time on their expenditure.

"Okay. Let's go."

******

Zenitsu sat on the roof of a flat, waiting patiently with his eyes drifting to the No. 2 Pro Hero on a call. From what he heard, he said a lot of words relating to his society. 'Hero Commission' is probably an agency of some sort.

He sighed a little, wondering why he was chosen to come along. Inosuke would have been better suited for this type of job with his spatial awareness. Now that he thinks about it, why didn't they pick him? Tipping his head backward, Inosuke would blow his cover easily, especially given the situation he is in. 

"From what I gathered from my last meeting with them, it looks like Shigaraki hasn't been found yet. Ah, yes, I'll notify you at the end of the day. Alright, Bye." Hawks sighed, cutting the call. The blonde boy fully heard the conversation due to his sensitive ears.