Chapter 18: Demon slayers

A few days had passed since the incident that occurred at Gym Gamma. The students of Classes 1-A and Hatsume were informed about who the Kamaboko squad was. Of course, the students were shocked to find out about their status and that they were from another world. Not only that, but they were slayers. Demon slayers, to be exact.

Midoriya acknowledged their fighting styles during their training. They were certainly experienced, maybe even more than Ojiro and their teacher. Bakugo knew that something was off with them from the moment he set eyes on them. He considered them untrustworthy from the very beginning. Todoroki noticed something different about them too, and they rarely knew things that any common teen should be able to know. Kanao was able to adapt quickly, and Zenitsu was picking up the pace, but the rest were almost hopeless.

Their curiosity and doubts had been cleared thanks to the clarification of what was misunderstood between them. However, the students felt guilty, apologized to them for what had happened so far, and hoped for a fresh start.

And so it continues...

******
"As you can see, it is not the prettiest question, but try to see if you can solve it. Raise your hand if you know the answer." Ectoplasm looked away from the board to the twenty-six students in front of him.

Most of the students were scribbling down how to solve the equation. This was one of the hardest math questions they've seen since their first year here. Inosuke chewed his pen, not bothering since he had no idea what to even do in this situation. He was still struggling with the basics of this topic, and now this. Kanao and Genya had ideas but couldn't arrive at an answer, no matter how hard they tried.

In the midst of sizzling brains and groans of frustration from the students, a hand shot up, causing Ectoplasm to glance its way.

"Yes Yaoyorozu."

"Damn it. That was one tough question. I couldn't find an answer no matter how hard I tried." Genya stood up from his desk once the bell rang, signaling for lunch. Other students were also going to leave for lunch at the cafeteria.

"I'm surprised that you even had a method of solving that thing." Zenitsu stated, walking next to him.

"I'm sure you will get it next time, Genya, and let's do our best, Zenitsu." Tanjirou encouraged the gloomy boys.

"It's just a question anyway." Kanao looked at Inosuke, who was already standing at his desk, heading to the group.

"It is not like you attempted it anyway." Zenitsu hissed.

"What was that, Buttnitsu?"

"Okay. That is enough." Tanjirou said he was coming in between the two. Nezuko patted both their heads to prevent them from fighting again. Soon they were in the cafeteria, sitting on an unoccupied table. They were used to sitting amongst themselves and had gotten to know one another better than before.

"Mind if we join you?" Tanjirou looked up, seeing the rest of Class 1-A behind them.

"By all means." The entire class sat next to each other and started small discussions between themselves.

"Yaomomo is the smartest in our class. I mean, she always ranks first in midterms. Didn't you see the way she answered that question flawlessly today?" Mina spoke to those around her.

"Eh? Really? You are really good then." Genya replied in awe.

The brunette that was spoken off flushed in embarrassment. "I'm not that good."

Jirou sighed "You are. You really have to appreciate praise like that."

"Oh my..." Uraraka squealed. "The lunch rush has done it again. This food is amazing."