Chapter 20: Cherised Siblings

"Right, let's have a talk." Hawks began seated with his legs crossed, glancing at those staring at him. Endeavor quietly sat next to the young hero with his eyes closed, next to All Might. All Might in question was slightly startled.

"Have a seat detective." All Might said this, referring to the chair next to him. He thanked the retired hero politely, but before he sat.

"I would appreciate that we had some privacy in this discussion of ours." His eyes traveled to the rest of class 1-A, whispering amongst themselves.

Uraraka did a double take. " Wait! You mean us?"

"Huh? Why?" Mina frowned.

"Yeah, we also understand the situation of the matter and have a right to know." Kirishima yelled.

"I'm saying you should leave this to the adults." Tsukauchi responded.

"They are our classmates too. We have a right to know." Todoroki argued.

"Todoroki." All eyes met Aizawa, narrowing his eyes at his students. They got the hint and slowly left the room, not before giving worried gazes to their friends.

As soon as they left, Endeavor opened his eyes, looking at the demon slayers in front of him.

'So these are the top 2 pro-heroes in Japan?' Genya, Kanao, and Zenitsu thought.

Tanjirou smiled at Tsukauchi as thanks for helping him the last time they met. The man smiled back before clearing his throat. He asked them to explain their world system again to the heroes.

Hawks paid rapt attention. If the government should find out about these so-called slayers, it would be trouble. He might have to cover up for their sake. By the time they finished, the detective had spoken.

"We found who brought you here." With that, they all stood up with relieved looks.

"Where is he?" Genya asked.

"Calm down. He is hospitalized at the moment." Hawks said.

"Hospitalized?" Aizawa asked with a confused look.

"Hawks found him in the middle of the forest while on patrol. He was in a poor state and kept mentioning the league of villains was after him." Tsukauchi flipped his book.

"The league? Wait, this is confusing." All Might placed a hand on his head.

"They were after him because of his quirk or what he tells us about his ability. I interrogated him yesterday when he was conscious. He told the truth." Nezu sipped his tea, listening with a poker face. This was just too much. Villains that were not much of a threat before are suddenly the main issue at hand. All because they were neglected and treated casually.

"That explains how they got into the U.S." Aizawa clarified, looking at the teens.

"You can finally head home." Tsukauchi noted their gleeful expressions. All the anxiety and sadness were gone.

"Wait!" All heads turned to Endeavor.

'He can talk.' Inosuke is now wearing his fixed boar mask. It was as good as new.

"The demons that are rampaging the city. You are demon slayers; they are from your world, and therefore, your duty." He unfolded his arms. "We can't leave them here while they go scot-free."

"Of course, we promised to defeat them." Tanjirou said.

Endeavor's eyes lingered on the boy for a few seconds. "Good to hear that. So how do we plan to deal with them?"

"So far, we are at a dead end. They encountered an upper moon last night. Upper moon, one to be exact." Tsukauchi stiffened at Eraserhead's response.

"Plus, it takes at least two Pillars to deal with them." Hawks added, confirming nods from the slayers. "None of you are Pillars, then."

"You are correct, but... We had our pillar training session some time ago to prepare us for the final battle."

"I guess this evens the odds. But what about the Kamado girl? Shouldn't you have the upper hand since she is a demon?"

"Yes, she can withstand the sunlight. However, it makes her a target for Muzan."

******

Meanwhile, on the second floor, Jirou was listening to the conversation through her earphone jacks. Her classmates behind her watched eagerly.

"Isn't this wrong?" Koda mumbled.

"I agree with Koda. Our teacher strictly told us not to interfere. We could get scolded or even punished for doing this." Iida began lecturing his classmates who were ignoring him.

"True, but we can't leave everything to them all the time. It makes us feel so powerless in this situation." Hagakure spoke.

"Tell me four eyes; weren't you among those who came to rescue me when I was kidnapped?" Iida gaped slightly at Bakugo. It was true. He was among the retrieval members. Although Bakugo would never admit it, he was indeed grateful for what they did.

The blonde took a liking to his new classmates. Inosuke was the only one who dared to challenge him most of the time during sparring sessions. Tanjirou, with his positivity and experience, Genya improved his shooting ranges and marks. Despite being a crybaby, Zenitsu can be sane at times. After their first meeting, he ended up with a kick on his face after Kanao knocked out Mineta in the dorms. He acknowledged her for her skills and strength. A new spark of rivalry between the two. Plus, he noted that she seemed more comfortable with the burgundy-haired boy.

It was what led to her kicking him, though. Then Nezuko would give him headpats from time to time. She got his name right the first time after he told her his name. Well, Mina told her.

His ego would never admit it anyway.

"You did. So why can't we do the same?"

"Bakugo cares. Aww."

"Who said I did? I just want to keep fighting that shitty boar since you all are wimps who can't stand a challenge."

"No use hiding it, dude. We can tell. You also care about us, right?" The Bakusquad faced him gloriously.
Bakugo grunted, ignoring them.

"See, you didn't deny it."

"Die!"

"Shh! Jirou is trying to pick up whatever they said." Uraraka said.

******
"Why does he need her?"

"Isn't it obvious? So that he can conquer the sun."

"Yes, he plans to consume her in order to do so." The adults gaped.

"That is why we can't bring her to battle." Genya concluded

"Also, I was told that Nezuko can hinder my fighting capabilities. I always worry too much for her. I used to even carry her wherever I went." Tanjirou smiled, looking at his sister.

"That's a beautiful sibling bond." All Might emphasized.

"Thank you."

"Now, we will have to do more work to prevent your presence from being known. The government is not aware of you, kids. So be careful."

Taisho secret

*Zenitsu explained to Tokoyami that his novel had too many dark themes, while Tokoyami commented that it was a total farce.

*Jirou and the others were shocked upon hearing how Muzan would conquer the sun.