Volume 1 Chapter 1: Rebirth & Naruto!

Life's not fair. That's clear to me being born deathly sick. I've never been able to run in a field of grass before coughing up blood. My lungs were never blessed with the healthy toxins of nature like pollen. I was born allergic to almost everything underneath the sun. I want to be able to run and hangout with friends after school. I'm sick and tired of being alone. I want to do so many things. I hope in my next life, I can get an opportunity to be reborn into a healthy body.

The mushroom cloud of a nuke was clear to see from her hospital window. It was close to midnight but the light of the explosion was blinding. Instead of feeling fear or dread. She smiled brightly at the doom that awaited her. She closed her eyes and waited for her death to come.

"Amanda, open your eyes."

She opened her eyes only to see a beautiful goddess staring back. There was a table with several pictures of very familiar faces of characters from anime. There was Sakura Haruno, Tsuyu Asui, and Uta from One Piece.

"You may be wondering what's happening, well I'm giving you a chance to be reincarnated as one of these characters. You'll be able to live life to the fullest and if you desire it. You will be able to retain your memories if you want to change the past or future. I'm alright with that too. It's going to be an alternative universe compared to the original. So changes won't do much to affect my end."

Amanda picked Sakura Haruno almost instantly. Her soul transformed and her old appearance was erased. She looked at the goddess of life and reincarnation. "What powers am I being granted since it's not the canon version of the story. I have a few ideas and opinions on the matter. I'm going to have to be strong enough to rival Naruto and Sasuke if I want to change the future. And if Madara shows up early or whatever, I need to be able to fight back. I refuse to be stepped on in my new life." The goddess nodded her head and they had a huge discussion on her abilities and then she was escorted to her new body. She was going to be started off in a 5 years old body to avoid the whole baby and in diapers experience. Amanda no Sakura waved goodbye to the goddess and entered her new body.

Sakura is awakened by the rays of sunlight hitting her face from the cracks of the window and its blinds. She sat up and stretched out her entire body. That's when reality hit her. She can use her legs again. She hopped off her bed and didn't feel like she was going to pass out. She smiled brightly and ran towards the door and used her new Ninjutsu powers to turn the knob. She ran down stairs and saw her father reading a newspaper and her mother cooking breakfast.

Mebuki: "Aww my sweet baby girl, good morning!"

Kizashi: "My darling flower, how are you feeling today?"

Sakura: "I'm doing great! Is it okay if I go play at the nearby park?"

They both smiled happily and nodded their heads. She walked out of the house feeling free like a bird. She went from walking to quickly jogging and then to sprinting at full speed. The cool wind against her skin felt great. She was able to run for minutes without any signs of fatigue. She slid to a halt only to see the park but someone familiar was being bullied. It was the resident fox kid, Naruto. A kid was moving to throw another punch his way. It was stopped by an unfamiliar pink haired girl. That's right, Naruto and Sakura don't know each other yet. They aren't going to the academy yet until next year.

A huge gust of wind blew around her with Sakura petals swirling around her body. She pulled the kid her way and headbutted him brutally. He fell to the ground unconscious. His two buddies tried to avenge him but their attacks didn't connect. They were stopped by a thin barrier of constantly moving wind. She glared daggers at them,"I'm not a fan of bullies who gang up on the defenseless! Get out of here before I start fighting back!" They both grabbed their friend and ran away scared. She lowered her clenched fist and exhaled as she stopped using her Ninjutsu powers. She turned around and looked at the kid with worry and concern. He was on the ground now shaking slightly. "Are you alright?" The kid looked up at her confused. "Why did you stand up for me?" "Because it's going to be my ninja way. Helping those who are in need even though they might not think they deserve it or know they need it. I believe everyone deserves to be loved and cared about." She crouched down and saw he was cut up and bleeding? She put her hands together and then made a few hand signs. "Stay still, I'll heal you up as right as rain." Cherry blossom petals came from her palms and then began to glow bright pink. She guided them to his hurt places with wind and her special chakra healed his wounds? She stood up and held out her hand for him to grab. "Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sakura Haruno, but your name is Naruto Uzumaki, right?" His eyes widened. "You know who I am but still helped me?" She grabbed his hand and yanked him up to his feet. "Yeah, like I said it's going to be my ninja way. I should start being the best me I can be. Before the academy so I can be true to my word in the future. I couldn't have just ignored your situation or join in on their side. So I helped." She smiled brightly and then saw the sun was rising into the sky. "My parents are probably worrying about me. I'll see you tomorrow, Naruto. Let's play here again." She ran off leaving him feeling a little less alone. She arrived at home and ate breakfast with her two parents. She missed the feeling of being loved by two guardians.

Sakura played with Naruto every morning for a whole year. She secretly experimented with all the new Ninjutsu she was able to use and manipulate. She learned a lot about herself and was ready to show off her skills to the class of the next generation.

It was the first day of the ninja academy at the age of 6. Everyone was learning how to write and rest of the basics of schooling. Sakura was a high marked student and was allowed to leave school early, due to her completing her work early. After a while it became her routine.

But one day she decided to visit a certain place with a stone headstone covered in names of ninja that were killed in action. She was still 6 and very small but had the intelligence of a girl in her mid twenties. And had all her memories of this universe deep in the back of her mind. She looked at the stone with sympathy. That's when she felt like she was being watched? She had a feeling it might be Kakashi so she fully relaxed. "I will stay true to my ninja way. And I will make my parents proud." She walked away from the stone and back home but halfway there she felt a pair of eyes gazing at her from above. "Did I catch the attention of Kakashi or something? He should be still in the Anbu at this time." She made it home and was greeted happily.

From then on at the age 6-8 she felt like she was being stalked by someone in the shadows. This year was the time when Itachi killed his clan. But she refuses for that to happen. As of right now Sasuke isn't a cold hearted kid but actually pretty happy. She has to try and stop the massacre from happening. She's befriended everyone in her generation. And made a rival out of Sasuke and Naruto. With her help Naruto isn't lacking in Ninjutsu technique and can use Jutsu without any problems. Everything is looking up.

But just as she arrived at the house when the killing was supposed to start happening. The shadow that's been stalking her this entire time. It leaped into action and grabbed her from behind. Before Itachi caught a glimpse of her pink hair in the moonlight. She reopened her eyes to see she was standing in front of the arrow point stone. She looked around but saw no one. "He protected me from being seen. If I was seen by his red eyes. I would have been killed." She said to herself as she clenched her fists. "I need to get stronger so that I can save the leaf from itself." She said that in a soft whisper.

3 years later:

Sakura Haruno and her class graduated. Sasuke wasn't the same as in the original canon, her emotional support assisted him greatly. They both vowed on their headbands of the leaf that they would get revenge on his brother together. Naruto was helped by Sakura so he's able to use the forbidden technique shadow clone Jutsu. Them two being able to use that skill might get them into trouble in th near future. But for right now they are good. Today is the day everyone in class meets their new sensei's.

Kakashi was late but Sakura came up with an idea to prank him. They both joined in and worked together to set up a bucket. But it wasn't filled with water but Sakura petals. They chatted about who their Sensei could be when he arrived. But the door didn't open. He was entering through the window? He leaped into the classroom only to be splashed with water? She giggled playfully at him. The other two gave her a fist bump. "Naruto is known for playing pranks so you decide to avoid being targeted by his schemes by going through the window instead. But I anticipated you would do that, so the first trap by the door was a false one. The real bucket was above the window." She posed proudly of her achievements. "His expression looks calm but I know from the anime that he's looking for a team that works together." "My first impression of this group is that you are all interesting." She celebrated on the inside that he said something different than in the show.

Introductions on the roof with Kakashi Sensei. Likes, dislikes, dreams for the future and hobbies. Sakura sat there on the steps relaxed and laid back. Sasuke was on edge and Naruto had no clue about the intense atmosphere. Kakashi was looking past them as if he wasn't fully there. He had no hopes for their team to pass his test tomorrow. After all, the classroom prank could have been a fluke when it came to teamwork. Naruto suggested for him to go first so they know how to proceed themselves.

To be continued…