Volume 1 Chapter 3: Team 7 & C Mission Accepted!

Previously:
His eye looked over at the tree and saw her unconscious body turn to smoke. "A shadow clone? But how do you know how to use the forbidden Jutsu as well?" He said to himself in shock. She leaped back with only one bell in hand before he could retaliate. He saw she was gripping onto a bell and covered in dirt. "I used an earth Jutsu called headhunter to go underground the instant you were distracted by my clone's mud trap. I've been waiting for you to drop your guard. You thought I was out of commission and you were more wary of me than the others. Since I'm the strategist." She was more intelligent than he originally thought. "Remember to keep your promise, Sensei. Do we pass your test of teamwork?" He covered up his right eye and began to chuckle softly to very loudly. He couldn't believe she managed to trick him and make him keep his promise. And their perfect teamwork was impressive for kids their age. "I can't believe they proved me wrong just as she said." He threw Shurikens at the ropes, keeping them suspended in the air. "You all pass my test, congratulations on being the first group of brats to ever impress me in the entire history of me being a Ninja." He looked at Sakura with a hint of happiness. She noticed the glint of hope in his eye but said nothing in response. She smiled brightly at her two friends. "We did it!" They both leaped into the air smiling just as happy.

Sakura leads the group to the village's Korean BBQ restaurant for a celebratory meal. It was Kakashi's treat but secretly Sakura gave her some of her book sale money. He is seen as responsible and generous to the other two guys. Team 7 ran into Azuma's team with Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru trailing behind.

Sakura stopped walking and looked up at the very handsome and intimidating Azuma Sensei. "Kakashi? Wow, you didn't fail another generation of students. They must be something else to have passed your seemingly impossible test." Kakashi stayed silent. "It was only seemingly impossible because the average human in a dangerous situation would rather think about their own safety than someone else. But as a Ninja we have to put others lives first, we aren't allowed to care about our own well-being. Which is why they put us on teams of three." He looked down to see Sakura speaking up so boldly in the place of her Sensei and she was . making logical sense. "His ninja way isn't something to make fun of, sir. He has high standards for a reason unknown to me. Teamwork is important and thinking for ourselves is important too. If we follow every order we might as well call ourselves robots and not humans." She smiled brightly at his surprised expression. She looked past him and saw her bestie Ino. "Hey, girl! It would seem that you are surrounded by cute boys too." She laughed at Sakura's words and nodded her head. The two sets of boys blushed lightly at the two girls taking so bluntly about them. Kakashi walked into the restaurant and began to read in silence. He wasn't very social with Azuma or anything his age except for Guy Sensei.

Kakashi was communicating with his squad of mini ninjas as they stalked the cat from the shadows. They all told him they were open. Naruto dove in and tackled it to the ground. "We've secured the target." Sasuke stated, seriously. "Good job, team." Kakashi said with a neutral tone of voice.

They returned the cat and the Village got paid by the client. Naruto complained about not completing a real ninja mission. He wants to do a job that would prove that he's no longer a brat but a Ninja. Somehow he convinced the Hokage and he said that they would be allowed to do a level C Mission. An escort job. He told the guest to enter the room.

Sakura watched as a familiar face from the Naruto series entered the room. It was finally time to get real action and character growth from her two friends. She was hyped on the inside and kept a calm expression on the outside.