Volume 1 Chapter 2: Introductions & Teamwork!

Previously:
Kakashi was looking past them as if he wasn't fully there. He had no hopes for their team to pass his test tomorrow. After all, the classroom prank could have been a fluke when it came to teamwork. Naruto suggested for him to go first so they know how to proceed themselves.

He was sitting on the railing of the rooftop and observing them individually very intensely. Whatever comes out of their mouths might reveal if he should get his hopes up or not. "My name is Kakashi Hatake, what do I like and dislike? I don't feel like telling you that. Dreams for the future, I never really thought about it. As for hobbies, I have lots of hobbies." The two boys looked at him dumbfounded at his words. Meanwhile Sakura was unfazed by his equally relaxed attitude. He was laid back on the outside but very observant and cautious on the inside. He wasn't sure what they were going to say, especially Sakura Haruno. His current target of intrigue and interest. "You on the right, you go first." "Believe it! I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like ramen. I don't like being seen as a burden. I dream of becoming Hokage, so I can prove that I'm not some nobody. And I like to try different ramen and compare the flavors, is my hobby." Sakura was in-between the two boys. She rested her hand on his shoulder,"You aren't a nobody to us, right Sasuke?" She smiled encouragingly at Naruto. He felt a little better. But then Sasuke said,"There's no way we would be rivals with a loser. And who cares about what everyone else thinks. When you've got us as your friends." Kakashi looked straight ahead directly at Sakura in surprise with his right eye. "She's the reason why they are so positive. Even though Sasuke lost so much, he somehow has retained enough emotional attachment to call someone a friend? Naruto has no family but it would seem that doesn't matter. This girl befriended him at a young age despite knowing his secret." Sasuke exhaled deeply as he relaxed but only just a bit. "My name's Sasuke Uchiha, I like training and getting stronger." Sakura nudged his shoulder. "Don't forget about you liking sushi." He waved her off,"Yeah, and I like to eat fish dishes." Kakashi observed their very familiar way of talking to each other. But it would seem like she's the pillar holding up the structure of their bond. "Without her, I have a feeling they both will fall apart." "I hate my traitorous brother. I'm going to hunt down my brother and get revenge for my clan." Sakura rested her hand on his shoulder. He calmed his heart rate and cleared his throat,"That's right. I dream of becoming a strong ninja that can protect the leaf from any threat. Which includes my brother. I'll restart my clan and one day we as a team will get revenge for our village." Sakura smiled happily at his heartfelt and vulnerable words. "I don't have any hobbies but training. But that can definitely change in time." Sakura looked ahead at Kakashi with an overwhelming shine of confidence in her eyes.

The two boys gave her their full attention which means a lot coming from the both of them. The spontaneous kid Naruto and the seemingly indifferent Sasuke. Sakura pointed at herself and smirked cockily,"You already know my name, Kakashi Sensei. As this is another test before our final exam of the culling of the talented individuals and weaklings. Since we aren't officially ninja just yet. Or am I wrong? But there's no need to say something." She said before he went to answer her blatant statements. She laughed at her friend's angered expressions. "There's no need to worry guys. I've figured him out. Oh that's right, I haven't finished introducing myself." She grinned widely as she was finally showing off her new self. "I like many things that you will learn in time, Sensei. I don't like liars, those who kill for fun, and betrayers. Which means I absolutely hate those who turn their back on their friends, family, and those they are supposed to protect like the innocent."

The more she spoke, the more his heart rate increased in pace. It was like she knew exactly what to say to him, to get him to react. "My ultimate goal is to one day make a treaty of peace between the other lands with ours. And for that to happen, I'm going to become the Hokage." They all looked at her like she was crazy about the peace part. Naruto never knew that she desired to become the Hokage too. She's been holding back her true ideals until now. "But for now my temporary goal is to become stronger. I need to be able to protect everyone in the village. Also I think it would be pretty cool to be the first female Hokage." She laughed as she rubbed the back of her neck. "We are rivals for the Hokage chair, Naruto. I wanted to tell you but I was scared you guys would react badly." They both rested their hands on her shoulder and looked at her encouragingly. "We will grow stronger together and if you beat this runt and need a right hand. You have my support, Sakura." Sasuke said, proudly. "I won't lose to you, Sakura! And who says a girl can't become Hokage! What about me, Sasuke?" "I'll pass being your right hand." "Ugh, whatever!" They both averted their eyes from each other and just smiled happily at Sakura. "And lastly my hobbies are…" She rested her Index finger on her lips,"Top secret, at least for now." She winked at Kakashi and then stood up on the steps. "Why don't you tell us when and where this last real test is being hosted? We are going rock your world, Sensei. We are best friends and have unbreakable vows to become stronger together." They both stood up cheering in agreement. "She's the leader of this team. Team? They might actually pass my test. We'll just have to see tomorrow."