.9.

"What are you smiling for?" I asked irritatedly.

"Nothing. Just enjoying the rain." His eyes were still closed. It looked as if he was really enjoying to see me get irritated.

"Let's finish this soon and get back home. I have college tomorrow and you have your work. Okay?" I thought he wasn't listening but he nodded and replied.

"It's you, who jas to start and finish. So, tell this to yourself not to me."

"You are so annoying. Fine! You want to know about my personal life's personal things. Fine!"

"Start." He finally looked towards me from the corner of his eyes.

"We never talked about kiss or anything, neither gave any signs to each other. One day, it was some joke related to a kiss which I forwarded to him, and he replied asking me, why did I send that. I was confused. I told him that I just received it so I forwarded it to me as I found it to be funny. I asked him why he asked that and what did he think. But he didn't say anything and said that he'll tell me later. Then, one day, we were together on a drive. That day he told me that he thought that maybe I wanted a kiss and that was the reason why I sent that message. That's when my mind worked and figured out that he took the message in other way. I clarified that it was not like that, at all. I thought he didn't like it and maybe even got offended. But then, he asked me that will I mind if he would kiss me and I just nodded a small no. That's it."

"What! That's it! There was nothing about how you people kissed. No, this is not everything . Continue. After you nodded a no, then what happened?"

"Why do you want to go into the details, huh? Will you write a book on my not-so-happening love life?" I argued. Even I wasn't in a hurry to go home now. I was enjoying sitting there. I was enjoying the rain. I was enjoying the GW Bridge's view through the rain.

"If I was any good at writing, then, probably yes, I would have written a book on you. But, here, you're a writer and into this writing stuff. You always wanted to write a book. So who knows if you talk about your life, you might get some inspiration to write. By the way, I do think that you should start with your story."

"I do have a story to write but I don't have an ending yet. I will have to wait for years for that."

"So, what? You atleast start writing. You will find the ending naturally and eventually. Now, don't try to change the topic. Continue about your first kiss."

Oh no! He is back on that topic again. But he is right. I should start with the story and for that I need ideas. And, I need to talk about it, to re-live some moments to turn them into a story, story of my life when Theo was a part of it.

"We stopped as he saw me saying no. We were few lanes away from our houses. I don't know but suddenly I felt very embarassed and got down from the car. He parked under a lamp post which had a tree next to it. I went to stand under the lamp post. It was a deserted lane. No one else other than me and Theo was there as it was a cold winter evening. He came to stand next to me. We didn't say anything for a while and then he asked me if he could kiss me. I said, 'I don't know' like a dumb awkward person I am. He smiled and held my hands. He made me look into his eyes and shared that even he was nervous. He slowly came closer. His fingers were cold as I felt them under my chin. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was so embarassed. It's often said that all the life's beautiful moments are felt with closed eyes. I understood why that day. It was magical as his lips found mine and we were one step ahead now in our not-so-common relation."

All this while, last lines from Ed Sheeran's photograph were going on in my mind.

'When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street.'