.31. (Part - I)

"Is he up?" I asked Samantha before entering in the ICU. I wanted to see him once before going for the surgery.

As she nodded a yes, I took my steps forward. I stepped in slowly. His head turned towards me as he heard the door open.

"Hi!" I waved at him and smiled.

"Hey! Come closer. Why are you standing so far?" I felt a rush going down through my spine as he spoke. He was talking to me after three weeks.

I walked to stand next to him.

"How's my sleeping beauty feeling now?" I bent down to kiss his bandaged forehead. His face lighted up just like a kid. He still had some bruises on his face from the accident.

"Now I am feeling perfect as I have you next to me." He held my hand and kissed my knuckles. I giggled as it felt a little ticklish.

"Oh, I missed your giggles." He kissed my palm this time.

"And, I missed you. All set for your surgery?" I rubbed his nose with my index finger, lightly.

"Hmm. I am lucky enough to get a donor so soon. I wonder who that holy soul would be?" His eyebrows creased a bit as he felt a flash of headache.

"You don't have to. I am so sorry. I really wanted to be at your side during all this but I have this really important meeting in California and I have to meet certain clients. I can't even skip it. And, I am even out of my leaves." I was nervous as he always caught me whenever I lied. Though, other than him, no one had till now been able to differentiate between my lies and truth.

"I want it too but it's work and I don't want you to keep away from your duties and work. We have our whole lives to spend with each other. You'll be gone for one week or two weeks. Well, I could manage that. How bad that will be ?"

"Umm, actually I'm not sure. It can even take more than two weeks time. But, I promise to come back to my baby as soon as I could. Till then, I want you to take care of yourself and recover. Will you do that for me? Will you take care of my life?" I had to clear my throat many times while speaking to not let my throat choke. I was trying hard to hold back the tears from falling down.

"Yes, yes. I will. You can trust me on that." He rolled his eyes. He looked cute even with all those bandages almost everywhere on him.

Dr. Phil entered the room. It was time now. He assured and comforted with his eyes.

"Okay, Alice. I hope you don't want to get late for your flight. We'll take good care of your boyfriend. You don't have to worry." He tried to lighten up the mood.

"That I know. Theo, sweetheart! I love you, always. Remember." I kissed him, this time right on his lips.

"Are you tensed?" He pulled back from the kiss.

"N-o, no! Why would I be tensed?" Hell yes! I am tensed. I have never ever been so tensed in my whole life.

"I don't know. I hope there isn't anything you want to tell me." Shìt! How does he do that? How can he sense what's going on in my mind?

"Yes! There is one thing." Phil looked at me, shocked. I motioned him it wasn't what he was thinking.

"There is this guy. He's on my 12'o'clock, right now. I have a huge, huge crush on his mind. His good looks and behaviour are just extra bonus in the package. Forget crush! I actually love him more than my life. I would break all the rules for him. I would literally do anything for him. I just want you to tell him all this."

He smiled. I just loved when he smiled and that too because of me. I'd choose to stay stupid for him, if that would make him laugh. I am ready to be wrong, if he will be the one to correct me. I am ready to cry, if that will make him happy and I am ready to even die, if he'll live because of it.

"I'll take your leave now. I love you. Please, take care." I spoke each word carefully, without letting the tears escape my eyes.

"Yes, I will. Now, go and stop making me feel as if you are not going to come back."

I glanced at him once more before I walked out of the room. Samantha hugged me as I came out and finally broke down into tears which I have been controlling inside.

"Ready?" Dr. Phil joined me within five-minutes.

"YES." I stood up and went to change my clothes. Meanwhile, Theo was shifted to the Operation Theatre and was heavily sedated and prepared for the surgery.

When I entered the OT, he was already unconscious. I kept on looking at him till I started to feel a little drowsy because of the injected anaesthesia. I captured his face in my mind and eyes before finally closing them under sedation. I wasn't sure if I'd feel any pain during the surgery.