1. SAMANUN ANUNTRAKUL

SAM'S POV

As Sam woke up from her deep slumber, she heard her phone ringing non-stop with multiple messages. While still half asleep, she reached out to grab her phone from the bedside table and tried to focus her vision on the screen.

"Hmm," she mumbled, her eyes struggling to open.

"OH! SHOOT!" she exclaimed as she saw the time displayed on her phone.

She was running late, and it was all because she had stayed up late to work on Royale Empire's latest project.

Royale Empire. The name itself was enough to send shivers down the spine of the commoner, as they had been leading the business field in Thailand for almost a decade. They own more than 50 certified 5-star hotels not just in Thailand but also around Asia and are currently working to establish their presence in the European market.

On top of that, they also owned several luxury shopping centres, a few hospitals, and a private school built as a memorial for Sam's late parents. Everything owned by the Royale Empire had a touch of royalty, as the business was inherited by generations from the family with Thai royal blood.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Sam jumped out of her king-size bed, rushed to the bathroom, and started her morning routine at double speed. She grabbed a black pantsuit, a white crop top, and an oversized black Saint Lauren blazer from her walk-in wardrobe. After finishing her light make-up, she let her silky black hair lay loosely around her shoulders and completed her look with a few accessories. Lastly, she grabbed her Hermes before going out of her room.

Being a Mom Luang and a young CEO came with great responsibility and sacrifices. Her family business had become her sole world since the beginning of her adult life. No partying late at night like a typical rich spoiled brat. No vacation with friends after graduation. Not even a love life! Graduating from Harvard University, one of the most prestigious universities in the world had cost her much of her life.

Everything she had achieved and where she was now was the result of all her sacrifices from not enjoying life as a young adult. For her, that was what she was supposed to do to keep the only important person in her life, her grandmother. She only had her grandmother now, and that was the only reason why she had been doing what she was doing.

"Good morning, Grandma," Sam greeted her grandmother as she left her room.

Her grandmother is having breakfast at the long table in their dining room. Sam pulled out the chair on the left side of her grandmother and sat while the house helpers started to serve her breakfast.

"You're late today, Sam," Grandma said sternly.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally overslept today."

Grandma frowns, listening to her answer.

"Sam, you're a 30-year-old woman with responsibility, not some teenagers to have such a silly excuse. Please, Sam, be serious. You're handling some multi-million business. Every minute can cost you millions. If you're....."

'What a way to start my morning, huh?...'

'That's it.

That's how my life is... or you can say that. Even I can't consider it 'MY OWN LIFE' when all the decisions, actions, and careers are all being followed by my grandma's shadow. It's all about the grandmother. From the moment I lost the two most important people in my life at such a young age, there's no word such as 'LIFE' in my living dictionary.'

"SAM!"

She calls. I doubt you can say that when she is just an octave away from shouting at me.

"Are you even listening to me!?" she continued.