13. THE FASHION SHOW

SAM'S POV

"Fuhh.. Okay, now how do I tell my grandmother? I know she will be celebrating hearing this news. But still.." I took a deep breath and exhaled.

I'm now in front of Anuntrakul's mansion after I sent off Mon and survived my impetuous stunt for proposing. I had my reason, and I'm determined with my abrupt decision.

It may look like I'm unaffected by the stunt but, I literally sweating and can even hear my hear pounding when I'm uttering those words. It's true, I'm crazy for that.

I didn't wait any longer and entered the mansion after almost 10 minutes doubting and questioning my own decision.

I opened the door, and my heart almost dropped to the ground when I bumped into my Grandma, who was also attempting to open the door.

"OH MY! Shhi.." Luckily, I didn't finish the sentence. "What are you doing here?" I asked her, still rubbing my chest.

"No, what are you doing so long in the car? I come to check on you. I thought something had happened with you while in the car."

"Nothing could ever happen to me, alright.."

"With how you've been working, nothing is impossible, Sam, that's why I asked you to get married. Imagine if you come home alone and something happens to you. You will be left unknowingly dying and wasting your young age."

"I will, okay, can you just stop imagining things happening to me?" I said and took a breath to calm myself.

"And about the marriage things, Mon and I had agreed to get engaged." I dropped the bomb.

"Wh.. What? Are you serious, Sam?" Her eyes shined with happiness. If she doesn't have a problem with her knee, I bet she is already jumping around. We walked our way to the living room to continue the discussion.

"Yes, we just talked about it today, and both of us have agreed to get engaged," I concluded.

"Oh my lord, Sam. You don't know how grateful I am right now. Finally!" She brought me into a hug.

I let out a faint smile. 'At least, someone is happy with the news.'

"When? When do you plan to get engaged?" My Grandma asked excitedly.

"As soon as possible," I stated.

"Come on, Sam. Even tomorrow can be 'soon'. Give me a specific date or estimated date?" She urged me again.

"But, still, we need Mon's family consent too." I reasoned out.

"Yes, I know. I asked just in case they immediately agreed with the engagement. At least, I have prepared. And don't forget, we need to inform His Majesty and the noble family too. There's a lot to prepare, Sam." Grandma started to rant.

"Since next week, both of us are busy with the fashion week, I think the week after that works for me. But, still, we need their opinion too."

"Hmm, I think that works for me too. I still have time to prepare for the ceremony."

"But, Grandma, can we just do it privately and host a small ceremony between our family only?" I try to negotiate with her because I know there's no turning back once this news travels to Royal Highness.

"You're Mom Luang, Sam. Part of the royal descendant. Of course, they need to be informed. Don't try to be ridiculous to keep this just between the family." She said sternly.

'Taste your own medicine, Sam. Serve your right for your hasty decision.'

"By this week, We will meet with Armstrong family to discuss things further. Only when the date is decided I will inform the Royal Highness. I know you're busy. So, just let me handle these things. I just need your full cooperation in making the decision." She suggested. "Are you okay with that?"