11. PARTNERS

SAM'S POV

'What the heck!'

All this time? Every single time I spotted the car before, meant she was there, but we never met until our family introduced us. I was impressed with how fate plays with us.

"What's wrong with my car?" The brunette asked after I had been silenced for a while.

"Nothing. Let's just go with my car. We don't want to contribute to the traffic, right?" She seems to consider my suggestion.

"Promise me, you won't have any sudden issues and leave me all alone there."

"It won't call 'sudden' if I already know about it, okay?"

"Okay, I will just go with my car." She was about to move to her car when I managed to grab her bag.

"Okay! Okay. I promise." Raising my hand. "I will not leave you there, okay?"

"What's with you having the trust issue?" I asked her on the way to my car.

"It's because of you! You have been the biggest contributor to it." She stated while reaching for the door.

"I'm sorry, okay, can you just stop mentioning it."

"I will see about it."

We settled down in the car and I started to drive to the restaurant she chose for our lunch. There was comfortable silence wrapping around the car before she asked something and broke the silence.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already did." She rolled her eyes to my answer.

"Why did you handle our project yourself? You can just send a representative in your place. Not like it's a big project, you know. I believe your other project profits you more than this."

"Because I want to."

Mon let out a huff listening to my answer. I laughed inside, feeling satisfied after teasing her.

I look at her, who is already looking outside the window. "Royal Central Mall is special to me." She immediately turned her head toward me. "Why?" She asked eagerly.

"Royal Central Mall is my first project once I take over Royal Empire. So, of course, it has a special place in my life. Did that answer your question?"

She nodded to answer my question. "No wonder..."

"You seem close with your employee." I can see her confusion with my statement.

"Well, you can joke with each other even in the meeting room..just now." I raised one of my eyebrows.

She let out a chuckle. "Did you mean Yuki?"

"Who is Yuki?"

"Ah, I meant the girl that sat beside me in the meeting room. Did you mean her?"

"Yeah, she's your employee too, right? You guys seem close."

"She's my best friend, Sam. So, that kind of joke and teasing is normal within us. I have known her since we were kids and we went to school together we were even taking the same course although we weren't in the same university. She's kinda like a soulmate, and sometimes she even knows me better than myself."

I'm impressed with how close they are based on her description, and I just smile throughout our remaining journey listening to her funny stories about Yuki.

I sent her back to her office after our lunch and I headed back to my office to continue my endless work. I sighed deeply. It feels heavy to work again after our lunch date. Maybe I loosen up a lot during lunch it makes me lazy to work again. I feel like I just wanna drive home rather than the office but, of course, I can't do that.