20. CONSEQUENCE

SAM'S POV

I entered the mansion and was greeted with the emptiness of it.

'They are not coming back yet? What are they discussing for that long?'

I slammed my body into the couch and checked my email. Today's occurrence cannot be avoided when they need my presence at the scene.

Honestly, I'm already prepared to receive an earful from my grandmother. I even prepared my defence and excuse to support myself but now, she is nowhere to be found.

It was already half past 8 when I decided to send a message to Mon, asking their whereabouts. In no minutes I already received a reply from her. 'A picture?'

I clicked it and my heartbeat rose once my eyes landed on the picture.

'Song's restaurant?! What the f*ck she's doing there and worse... She is with Grandma!'

I immediately dialled her number.

"Are you seriously there?" I didn't even bother to greet her and straightaway jumped into the question.

"Come back now!" I ordered.

'Who does she think she is to make this stunt?'

I'm pacing in the living room, the anxiousness has consumed me.

'What if something worse happened between Song and Grandma?'

'What if instead of reconciliation Grandma is pushing Song away more?'

'I have waited for this moment for so long and she doesn't have to ruin it like this!'

'I have been prepared to meet Song and demand her explanation before confronting Grandma.'

'Does she think when I tell her everything she already has the right to meddle in my life?'

In a swift, my anxiousness turned into anger. I felt like I was being betrayed by her. I chose to show my vulnerable side not for her to use it and meddle in my life. I didn't even ask for it.

'She knows how our last meeting ended up with a fight'

'She knows how my sister left me and how I felt about that yet she still met them behind my back!'

'What is her intention for doing that? Trying to get on their good side?'

'She can at least confront me about this first before dragging grandmother along.'

All the negative thoughts keep pouring into Sam's mind that she can't even think rationally anymore.

SONG'S POV

I can't stop smiling since the moment Mon's car left the restaurant and now we are walking back into the restaurant hand in hand with my wife.

Ice can't take her eyes off her happy wife. Her smile mirrored her wife's.

"Are you that happy?"

"So much! So much, teerak that even words can't describe how happy I am. I can't believe this moment would come true this soon."

"Well, I kind of get it. Like this is too sudden and unexpected, it happened too fast and everything just fell into place."

"Yeah, I do have the thought to meet Grandma in person too. Thinking how we are going to step into another phase of our life, I want to be in a good term with her but she beat me to it." I chuckled thinking about our conversation before.

"What were you talking about just now? Did you apologize to her?" We are now walking on the track along the river that is filled with the light coming from the restaurant.