8. CAPTIVATED

SAM'S POV

I opened the door and let my grandmother lead the way to our table. Approaching the table, I catch the back that seems very familiar to me.

'Yeah, I'm not mistaken then. It is the rude girl from the lift.'

Reaching the table, Mrs Pohn and Mr Robert got up from their seat and greeted us, which later brought the girl to do the same. She turned her body...

'And that's it.'

That's when our two eyes met,

'Beautiful..'

Her hazel eyes..., it's captivating! I can't look away. No.. I don't want to.

Finally! After two failed meetings.

What happened next surprised me more. What happened to my grandmother? My grandma is laughing and teasing. It's such a rare occasion in Anuntrakul's mansion.

'..and she capable of doing that..'

I extended my hands to her and introduced myself, which was later welcomed by her.

'Warm.'

Her hands were so warm, and so did her smile.

During lunch, I answered the constant questions from the Armstrong couple as it's been a long time since I've met them. But, the topic was mostly about business since that's my only interest. I can sense the eyes glancing and somewhat judging me during my conversation, and I know where that is coming from.

I can't deny that I'm indeed listening to her conversation with my grandma.

'MIT graduate? Hmm, impressive...'

We are focusing and finishing our food when suddenly grandmother speaks up, introducing me to Mon.

'Well, she doesn't have to do that. It's embarrassing.'

The way Mon answered her grandmother somewhat irritated me since she indirectly tried to give an idea about what had been happening between them to her grandmother.

'This little girl here is dangerous. She has my grandmother wrapped around her finger. But, how, though?'

I'm not trying to be jealous here, but the way she interacted and behaved around my grandmother shocked me. The way my grandmother behaved around her shocked me more because, as her granddaughter, I never got that kind of treatment, not even my sisters. People might not believe me if I describe how's grandmother is seeing how lovely she is with Mon.

'Is she using a spell on my grandmother or what?'

After Mrs. Pohn gave her thoughts on our possible relationship her daughter just boldly asked to borrow me?!

'Like ME? She even purposely highlighted the word 'driver', and grandmother just let her, she even played along.'

I can't win this game. They are even teaming up to tease me.

'Am I alone in this?'

But, Nah, that's not going to happen when her dad and brother start teasing her and bring the cute face to frown angrily.

'Thank you! Now I'm not alone in this. But, wait, did I just think she was cute? Shit, that's not going to happen.'

She confidently led the way when suddenly she turned her body, almost bumping into me.

'Clumsy..'

She's asking about the car, which brings me to stare at her for a while.

'Well, I thought you already know. What's the function of confidently leading the way anyway?'