18. E-DAY!

MON'S POV

Finally, today is the day for the said engagement ceremony...

I'm now in the dressing room with the hired glam team by Sam. They are one of the best in their field.

'Well, of course, when it came from Sam, she's never settled for the less.'

I heard that they even had to split into two teams to get mine and Sam's make-up done, as requested by Sam. I suggested my glam team but she simply refused it.

'Well, what do you expect from her, Mon? Sam will always be Sam when it comes to her hard-headed self.'

I just came to the place in my jeans and hoodie with a backpack to put my used clothes after I change later. I didn't even bother to put any make-up on and just prep my face with the skincare to make things easier for the glam team later.

I asked Yuki to accompany me to the place and as my best friend, of course, she was willing to be present with me on my important day. She was even the one who drove me here and took care of my belongings for me. I couldn't be more thankful for that.

"Owww, you're so pretty even with a bare face, Lady Mon!" The make-up artist can't help to adore the beauty in front of her. Even her team nodded, agreeing with her statement.

"It looks like my work can be done faster, today." The make-up artist emphasized

"There's not even much work to do anyway!" Her other teammates replied to her which caused them to burst to laugh.

"Oh my god, can you guys please stop... I'm already red in embarrassment here." The shades of pink were obvious on both of my cheeks. Even with both of my hands on my cheeks failed to cover it.

"Well, we're just telling the truth, Lady Mon."

"Ow, the title still sends shivers down my spine." I said as I wrapped my arms around my body after hearing them putting the label 'lady' in front of my name. "Can you girls just call me Mon?" I asked for how many times, I don't know. I lost count already.

"We afraid, we can't do that, Lady Mon. What will Khun Sam feel when she hears we just casually call your name." The woman working on my face stated.

"Yeah, even thinking about it already scared me off." Her teammates supported her.

"What about Ms. Mon?" I'm still not giving up.

The MUA sighed, "If you insist then." She finally gave up.

"Yeayy!" I celebrated my success in getting them to drop the formality. I'm not even a noble to start with.

"Even if one of you slips out the 'Lady' in front of my name, even for one time..." I squinted my eyes trying to scare them off which they never did, "That person, owes me a milk tea!" I threatened them which caused a chaos of disagreement and laughter instead. Well, I can't ignore that they are fun to be with.

"You can just say that you want one, don't come out with that silly rule!" Yuki who's been witnessing the chaos interrupted.

I pouted. "I'm busted." The teams laughed even more and they already volunteered to order the drink for me.

"I guess, we spent too much time together, Yuki. You can even guess my trick." I crinkled my nose at Yuki.

"Well, I'm your best friend for a reason, okay...I-"

Yuki didn't even manage to finish her sentence when the room suddenly was interrupted with knocks on the door.

Everyone's attention was swift to the door as the door opened revealing a delivery man.