21. CHANCE

SAM'S POV

It's been a week since that night and she still ignored all my calls and texts until today, the day of our supposed family trip and we came here without her.

I had to lie to my family that she couldn't join us because she had something to do. But in fact, she didn't even respond to my message.

Regret?

Yes, I am. If one thing I want to take back from my life is my words to her.

I'm walking along the beach alone right now. I let my feet touch the cold water, it helps quite a bit in calming my jittery mind.

After tired of walking, I took my steps to the nearby beach chair and enjoyed the views from there. I didn't realize that I needed this vacation, not until I arrived here yesterday.

We had a family dinner last night, surprisingly it's going well even with Neung in the picture. I expect her to throw some hands with Grandma before they settle their feelings. But, everything went smoothly. Maybe she already prepared for this day to come.

My family issues are settled, now comes the new issue with Mon. There's no word 'peace' in your life, Sam.

"Sigh..."

"Are you already in Bangkok? Looks like your thought already brought you there." Neung joked.

Song and Neung who's coming from my back took a seat around me. If their relationship with Grandma had improved, things would not the same with me.

I'm still not forgiving them, 'fully'. Even now, I'm just tolerating their presence here.

"Sam,"

"Hmmm."

"We are sorry."

"Hmmm"

"Do you know, it's ugly when old people sulk."

I just rolled my eyes at her banter. She's still the same as I remembered, always picking on me.

Song just chuckled looking at our interaction.

"By the way, Neung, what did you talk about with Grandma? I didn't expect that you two would reconcile that fast." Song changed the topic.

"Well, she promised that she would inherit half of her wealth to me so I was like, 'Okay deals'."

We both know that's purely a lie.

"Huh, In your dream," I said.

"Hello, you can ask Grandma for confirmation."

"Like I will agree to it."

"Why? You have a higher share than her now?"

"No, I just got the power. Look at who's the CEO of Royal Empire now!" I said smugly.

"And I will inherit the wealth without doing anything." She stuck out her tongue.

'Really? Is she a 34-year-old woman?'

While we are bickering, Song just comfortably watching us. She was always the calm and silent one between us three.

We are now just silently enjoying the beach view after tired of the bickering,

"Sam," Neung called again.

'What's wrong with her addicted to calling my name?'

"Hmmm," I hummed to respond.

"Why Mon didn't come? Do you know that I'm excited to meet her? I even did my hair and even my nails." She pouted and I just ignored her question.

"She's pretty right?"