14. SCANDAL

MON'S POV

"Mom! Dad! I need to go now. I have to pick up Yuki on my way." I called them by the front door.

"And don't expect me to come back, I may sleep over at Yuki's place," I said after my mom and dad were already at the front door. Mrs. Pohn just shook her head, listening to her beloved daughter.

"Be careful and please behave yourself!" Mrs. Pohn warned, "Don't even think to do something silly, Mon."

"Well, for that part, I need to reconsider it, hehe." I teased them, which got me a pinch on the arm.

"Auchh."

"Dad, your wife is so fierce." Mr Robert let out a laugh but immediately shut after receiving Mrs Pohn's death stare.

"Okay, I need to go, or else I'll get an earful from Yuki. Bye, Dad.. mom..!" This time, I left for real and headed to my Ferrari.

Mr. Robert and Mrs. Pohn waved back at their daughter. "Where does she get all that energy from? She just wrapped up an event and still dared to party at night?" Mrs Pohn shook her head while sending off her daughter.

"That's what we call work-life balance, darling. Besides, she's young. So, the energy is unlimited." Mrs Pohn just laughed off listening to her husband's comments and headed inside the house.

Mon and Yuki arrived at Levels Club, a newly opened nightclub owned by their friend, Nop. Mon was dressed in a short, sleeveless black dress with a loose leather jacket draped around her shoulders. She put her hair up in a messy bun, letting a few strands dangle freely around her face. Yuki was dressed casually in a sleeveless metallic tank top and jeans.

They entered the clubs and went straight to the stairs leading upstairs as Nop instructed.

"Hey, girls! Here!" Nop waving at them excitedly.

We brought our way to him and excitedly jumped into a group hug and spun around. Luckily, the music blasting in the background prevents us from getting unwanted attention from the people around us.

"Sorry. I can't make it to the event today." Nop immediately jumped into the conversation after we settled down on the round sofa around the table. He brings his hands together, apologizing.

He just landed in Thailand from his business trip in England this evening. He was supposed to come to the events, but the delay of the flights made it impossible for him to attend. He just managed to see the update by the media on Twitter. Proud is an understatement after he looks at how successful the event was organized by his two best friends.

"It's okay. We understand. Enough with that puppy face. We are not your boyfriend to melt looking at those faces." I stated. Indirectly forgiving him.

If Yuki and I befriended each other as kids, that's not what happened with Nop. We start our friendship with Nop in high school after he constantly gets bullied for openly having a relationship with a man. We found nothing was wrong with that, so we just casually started talking to him, and the bullies just gradually left him alone after seeing Nop being in a group.

"So, how're you girls been doing?" He asked curiously since it's been a while since they gathered.

"Well, surprisingly good and your other friend here is suddenly not single anymore." Yuki breaks the news to Nop.

"WHAT... And you've been secrets about it?" Nop said in disbelief.

"YES! Exactly, Nop. You don't know how much I need to interrogate her to open up." Yuki rolled her eyes.

"Wo wo wow.. I think I'm being left behind here. Come on, Mon, tell me now. Who's him? Do we know him?"

"How are you so confident it is 'him'?" I asked spontaneously.