19. RECONCILIATION

MON'S POV

"Hello, Kornkarmon here." I said flatly.

"Hello, my grandchild!" The person on the other line greeted me happily.

"Grandma?" She looked back at her phone screen. "Sorry, I didn't look at the caller. Are you okay, Grandma? How've you been doing?"

"I'm fine, like an old woman supposed to." She chuckled at the other line.

"Don't be like that, you're supposed to be healthy like us, the younger one!"

"What do you expect, Mon? I'm on my way to having a great-grandchild already. You can't expect me to behave like a teenager."

I cleared my throat, I guess it's too soon to talk about that topic.

"Of course you can! Age is just a number, okay." I teased. "I still expect you to play soccer with your great-grandchild in the future. I'm rooting for you!"

"Don't be silly, Mon. I might pass out and say my final goodbye on the same day"

This is what I like about her, I can always teased and she always plays along.

I still have no idea why all the Anuntrakul sisters are kind of distant from her. She's fun to be with.

But still, it is too soon to judge. I'm still clueless about the story from their side.

"So, Mon." I came back to our conversation. "When will you and Sam be free?"

"Hmmm, why is that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Do you ask? You two will be married in three months yet nothing has been finalized!" She reminded me.

Oh gosh! Honestly, I almost forgot about that. Why?

It's been 3 months since our engagement but I count on my fingers how many times we have met. Even with my 5 fingers will be too many.

"Did Sam tell you anything about that?" I asked.

I heard a deep sigh from the other line.

"Are you two okay?"

"Yeah, we are." I guess.

"I called Sam, but she asked me to consult you. Do you guys even communicate?"

"Yeah, we are but not too often." I let out a nervous laugh. "Besides, we are both just too busy, Grandma."

Well, that's the truth. It's been 3 months since I took over Yuki's work since she needed a full time to take care of her father. Sam, she is never not busy.

"We are trying to settle most of it before our wedding." I am excused, I hope it works.

"Hmmm, I understand that. But, still don't neglect the preparation. There will be no wedding if there's no preparation to begin with."

"Okay, what about this weekend?" I suggested. "I'm free for both days."

"I'm good, you should ask Sam about it."

Ugh, why me? I don't want to contact her first!

"Yeah, I will tell her later"

"Okay, then. So, do you want to proceed with your dream wedding?"

"You know?" My eyes widened with excitement. "I talked with Pohn, and she told me."

"Oh, that's a secret! You shouldn't know about it."

"But, now, I know. So, you wanna go with that. At least we had an idea to discuss this weekend."

"But, we should ask Sam's opinion too. Don't we?"