9. GUILT

MON'S POV

I'm doomed.

'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Mon. You're so stupid!'

How I wish could turn back time just a little bit and take back my words. I can see how her expression crestfallen shows how affected she is by my words.

'Shit, Mon. This is why you should listen to your mother.'

Even regret is not the right word to describe how I'm feeling right now. I just can pray that she still can forgive me.

'The foul mouth of yours, Mon. Why can't you just shut up?'

If the trip away already made me suffer, the trip home was torturing me with all the guilt and regret. I wish we could just arrive home faster and get out of this uncomfortable situation.

After 30 minutes of driving, finally, the torture came to an end when she pulled out in front of my mansion. She unlocks the door, but I'm still frozen in the seat. I don't know why I can't bring myself to go out immediately. Maybe I'm still conflicting with myself about whether to apologize or not.

"Don't you want to go out?" She broke the awkwardness with her hoarse voice. Her right elbow rested on the window frame, and her fingers played with her temple with the sunglasses sitting nicely on her delicate nose. She looks so enticing to me now.

'Stop it, Mon. Now is not the time for that.'

"I'm sorry." Finally, I said it!

"For what?" She asked.

"For throwing that kind of words to you. I'm sorry I lost my composure and lashed out at you." I told her what am I sorry for.

"Nothing is wrong with speaking the truth, Mon." Her voice filled with sorrow

Now, I felt more guilty than before. I will take my mom's advice seriously from now on.

"I'm sorry too, for saying what I said before." She spoke suddenly before I managed to get out of the car.

I just nodded slightly and thanked her for the ride. I just stand there sending her car off until it's vanished from my view. I enter the mansion with a heavy heart and lazily drag my legs, which are later shocked by a sudden voice coming from the living room.

"Hey, sweetheart? Why are you coming back looking like that? I thought something good was going to happen, but it seemed like the opposite of it?" Mrs. Pohn asked curiously.

"Mom, do you have Sam's number?"

"Eh?? Are you going out together for so long but didn't even exchange numbers?" Mrs. Pohn was shocked.

"Mom, I think this daughter of yours just did something terrible," I whined to her and took a seat next to her. I told her everything that happened at the park to my mom.

"MON! Oh my...what did you just say to her?? Mon that's too harsh, and don't ever think that 'sorry' will make up for everything." Mrs. Pohn scolded her and sighed before she continued.

"Mon, knowing Sam, I can assure you that she is going to take your words to heart." I turned to my mom, shocked and confused by her statement.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you expect, Mon? She lost both of her parents at 8 years old, and now both of her sisters left the family to have their own life. There's only her and her grandmother left in the mansion. Now, in what part of the situation do you think she will not take it into her heart?" Mrs. Pohn clarified her statement and was still disappointed with her daughter's careless action.