7. ENCOUNTER

P/s: Sorry for the delay in their first meeting. Finally, they will meet in this chapter, and let's dive in to see their first impression towards each other ;)

SAM'S POV

She checked the time on her watch. 9 PM.

No wonder my grandmother is worried about me. Every day seems repeated to me. Nothing interesting, and nothing to make me feel alive. I'm just simply living.

Entering the mansion, I went straight to my office to print the document for the project with St Claire. This time, I will just sign it without the meeting. It is really against my work ethic to sign the deal without meeting the representative of the company. But, this time, I will just go against it to make up for my own mistakes.

I feel guilty. It's not once but twice already that I ditched the meeting.

'She must hate me now.'

But, I really couldn't help it when I suddenly got a call from the representative in Europe that one of the investors was already in Bangkok and wanted to experience our services on their own. That's sudden.

Luckily, most of my employees are still in the office, and I can get them ready for the rooms and buffet for lunch. For me, of course, I need to prepare to be their guide and present our best product to them since it is my dream to open one of the branches in Europe.

After I finished reading and signing the document, I emailed it to Yha so that she could personally hand in the document to St Claire or just fax it. I find it kinda rude to just simply email it to St Claire after what I have done to their CEO. I want to personally apologize to her, but I don't know how to get her number.

'It's gonna be weird if I called the office and asked for her number, right? They might think I'm a pervert. Please, I don't need more labels after my name.'

I just shrugged off the thought and turned off the computer. I'm so tired, yet I still need to prepare for the trip to Chiang Mai tomorrow since the investors want to visit the place and our branch there.

Going out of the room, I bump into my grandmother.

"Sam, you just came back from the office yet you entered another office?" Grandmother scolded.

"I just need to finish up something before my trip to Chiang Mai tomorrow."

"How long is the trip?"

"I will come back tomorrow night from Chiang Mai since the investors just want a visit. I don't have to stay overnight." She answered her grandmother.

"Good, then. This Saturday, we have a lunch date with the Armstrongs, and you have to be there! No excuse and don't ever think to ditch the date because their whole family going to be there don't try to embarrass me by not showing up during the date."

"Okay, sure I'll be there." I let out a tinted smile before I left and headed to my room.

If Mrs Pohn said there's a lot on Sam's plate. It does mean a LOT!

*

Don't forget the lunch date tomorrow, Sam. Don't be late! - Grandma

I read the text sent by my grandmother.

'Hmmm...I really should make up something and stay in Chiang Mai.'

But, it's too late. I arrived in Bangkok an hour ago and am currently at my penthouse. I need a rest right now. She doesn't have to remind me now, ughh. It spoiled my mood.

I don't remember when I fell asleep, but it was already 10 AM when I woke up.

'Shit, I sleep almost 12 hours! I'm really tired, I guess.'