two

7:30 am

*ringggggggg

"Jung Yejun, wake up. It's 7:30 already. You're going to be late for school." Her mother opened the door as she went over to the window to open up the curtains. Letting the morning daylight enter the girls' room. Yejun let's out an annoyed groan as she tried to find her phone and turned it on to see that it was half past seven. Her eyes immediately shot wide open as she stared at her mother in panic.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" She says whilst messing her hair up.
"I did. Even your brother tried to wake you up earlier, but you just wouldn't listen. So he already left you behind because of that." Her mother explains as she picks up the impetuous pieces of clothing that yejun had disregarded on the ground.
"He what!? Ughhh, why does he never wait for me. It's like he doesn't even care or realise that he has a younger sister." She whines as she gets out of bed. She then watches as her mother was about to walk out of her room before stopping her.
"Wait, mom, can you drive me to school instead." She pleaded as a sigh left the older women's lips.
"Sorry honey, but I have to get going to work right now." Was all she said before leaving her room.

She let's out a frustrated scream.
No one in this household could even spare her a minute of their time.

Instead of getting in her feelings, Yejun decided to just put her feelings aside so she could take a shower and get ready. She can get mad at the universe later.

7:41am

"How am I supposed to get to school now? The bus is probably already gone by now." She questions to herself. She took her phone out to dial her brothers number.
A few seconds later, the other side of the line was picked up by none other than Sungchan himself.

"Hello -"
"YA JUNG SUNGCHAN WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE ME BEHIND." She exclaims. She had a limit when it came to holding in her anger.
"Geez, I'm in class right now and you just made like ten pairs of eyes look at me weirdly. And that isn't how you're supposed to talk to your older brother, you idiot." He replied. Yejun was by now gritting her teeth as she tried to not scream and blast his ears again.
"How am I supposed to get to school now?!" She reasons. Her questions being answered by a sigh from her brother.

"You see, I knew that you were going to wake up late. So I told one of my friends to come and pick you up, he always wakes up late as well, so why not come and pick up your loud ass." He stated as she raises a brow in confusion.
"He should have arrived in front of the house by now, can you go and check?"
Yejun following her brothers orders as she left the house, not forgetting to lock the door and bring the house keys with her. She then proceeds to walk to their front porch, seeing a car already waiting for her.
The windows to the car slowly going down as she was able to see who the driver of the car was, her heart literally stopped beating at that moment.

"W-wait sungchan you can't just let me go to school with Wonbin. You know how weird the guy is-" her rambling being cut off by Sungchan's annoyed response.
"You guys are like the same age, but act like you don't know each other. Anyways, I'm going to hang up now, have fun bonding with Wonbin!" And just like that he hung up on her. She gripped her phone angrily before heading over to the passenger's seat and entering the car.

"Hi, sorry for bothering you." Yejun spoke up as she wore her seatbelt. Wonbin not saying anything nor even cared to spare her a glance as he just hums in reply before starting the car.
Well this was just embarrassing.

𓂃꙳⋆ ˖

𓂃꙳⋆ ˖

7:55 am
The car stopped in front of a convenience store. Yejun looking over at Wonbin perplexed.
Are you fucking kidding me, they only had five more minutes to rush to school and he decides to stop in front of a convenience store??!

"Are you not going to get out?" He questions ever so calmly.
"Huh?? Why would I get out. Wonbin we only have five more minutes to get to school." She tells him as he just stares at her unfazed.
"I know, being a few minutes late won't hurt. Besides, I figured that you haven't had time for breakfast. Might as well get something to eat then continue the day with an empty stomach." He says before exiting the car.

Why would he care if she'd eaten anything or not.

Yejun got out of the car as she follows him inside the convenience store.
"What do you want to eat. I'll pay for the two of us." He asks.
"To be fair I'm not really sure, I'll just get whatever you're getting." She answers as he looks down at her.
"So you wouldn't mind if I decide to eat something spicy in the morning?" He teases, a sly smirk evident on his face. She rolls her eyes at him as she gently hits his shoulders.
"That's if you want me to come to school with an upset stomach."
"I'm just joking with you. Sungchan hyung would most likely blame me for giving you food poisoning." He says as he went over to the ramyeon section to pick out the brand that he usually gets.
"Trust me sungchan wouldn't even care if I got food poisoning. The only person he cares about is his girlfriend." She mumbles, taking the same ramyeon as him before heading to the freezer where all the beverages and drinks were located.

"He does care about you. He just doesn't like to show it because it's probably embarrassing for him. You could classify him as like those tsundere type brothers ." He tells her but she didn't seem convinced.
"You know he'd always brag to us whenever you make him food, he'd always boast about the fact that he has the best sister. Don't tell him that I told you this, he might beat my ass up for it."
She laughed when hearing that.
"Hearing you say all those stuff about sungchan is making me shiver. I'd rather not have known any of that, but thanks for lighting up my mood a bit I guess." She says as he flashes her a soft smile.

That's the first time she'd ever seen him smile. He'd always have the same calm and expressionless look on his face, but she didn't know why today he just seemed so different.

The two of them were now seated down at the edge of the convenience store as they enjoyed their food.
"Do you have any plans after school?" He questioned.
"Yeah, I'd probably go to Ningning's place to study until dawn. I have the house keys, and what better way then to lock my own brother out of the house." Yejun answers as it manages to make the lad seated in front of her laugh hysterically.
"You're evil."
"Why'd you ask anyways." She questions him back.
"No I was just wondering that if you didn't have a ride back home, you could go back with me cause I have band practice after school." He suggested.

Why was her face heating up.

"I'll keep that offer in mind."