nine

"Where's Wonbin? Have the two of you seen him? He was supposed to be meeting us here in the music room so we can work on our project." Yejun asks Kaylee and Ji-ho as the two of them both shrugged their shoulders.
"When I was making my way here, we walked passed each other in the hallways and I asked him where he was going, and he said that he was heading to the back of the school. Said that it wouldn't take long. I don't know why he's going there though." Ji-ho replies.
"Geez Wonbin. I literally told him not to be late this time." Yejun sighs before she stares at the clock.
"You guys wait here, I'm going to go and get him." She says before leaving the music room and running away.

𓂃꙳⋆ ˖

"Wonbin, where are you?" Yejun exclaims as she reaches the back of the school building. She got no reply, so she only walks even further to the secluded part where she'd figure that no one but Wonbin would visit.

"Wonbin are you here... seriously where are you-" She stops walking when she sees him seated on the ground with a cigarette in his hands. He looks at her unfazed before letting out a puff of smoke from his mouth.
"The rumours were true." She says faintly.
"What? Your friends said that they heard rumours that I smoke? well, they're right for once." He spoke.
She walks over to him before taking the cigarette out of his hands and dropping it on the ground before stepping on it.

"Smoking in school property is forbidden." She tells him. Wonbin places his head up, him being able to see just how close their faces were.
"But if I don't get caught then it isn't." He retorted back.
"Yejun I'm stressed. Can you tell the two others that I don't feel well." He tells her before taking out a cigarette pack out of his pockets and was about to take another one out when she quickly snatched it out of his hands.

"No. I'm not going to tell them that. I'm going to drag your ass back with me to class. I promised them that I'd do everything to get you to participate in all our group work because I'm determined to change their mind about you. I don't want them to think that you're a jackass that likes to slack off." She says sternly before pulling on his arm and making him stand.

His eyes widens. Why would she want do that for him.

"Why would you do that." He questions her.
"Because I care ok? Let's just get back to the music room, please." She answers before dragging him with her inside the school building. She was afraid if he'd run away from her if he had the opportunity, if she wasnt holding onto his hand. Whilst for Wonbin, he didn't even think of running away if it meant that Yejun would hold onto his hands for a while longer.

...

"I'm back, and I managed to bring him with me." Yejun exclaims once she was back in the music room. Kaylee and Ji-ho looking over to the door to see Yejun having a tight grip on Wonbin's hand. Him looking like a kid who had been scolded by their parent as he had a bored look on his face.
"Where'd you find him?" Kaylee asks as she ushered both of them to come and sit down where they were at.
"In the nurses office. He got a headache after meeting up with one of his friends in the back." She tells them, this catching Wonbin off guard cause he wouldn't believe that she'd just lied for him.
"He did look a bit distressed when I met him in the hallway. How are you holding up?" Ji-ho asks.
"I feel better now thanks." He answers briefly.

"Let's get to work now. For today we'll try to get the recording of the guitar done so we can add it to the composition. Our next meet up, we'll focus on Ji-ho's singing." Kaylee stated.

"This is the only time I'd cover up for you. Next time I won't do such a thing." Yejun muttered quietly so only Wonbin was able to hear her, before she sat down on an empty chair.
He went over to where she was at and sat besides her.
"Don't worry, I dont plan on doing such a thing." He says with a grin on his face.