Part 2

LISTEN this chapter is a little dry IM SORRY

A month passed after the banquet and Amanda no longer had contact with Shane.
She stopped talking to him, blocked him on social media and avoided him as best as she could.
Shane was absolutely oblivious of the reason she no longer spoke to him.

Shane and Rick were in the car, patrolling. The radio was blasting and Shane was complaining, "I don't get it, man. I'm the one who lost feelings but i'm the one who gets ignored? Make it make sense. Hey, lemme see your phone. I wanna check her Facebook." he said, grabbing Ricks phone.

Rick laughed, snatching his phone back, "if you lost feelings, why do you care so much that she doesn't want to be with you?" He questioned, placing his phone under his thigh.

Shane groaned as he gripped the steering wheel, "Because." He said but stopped. He looked at the opposite lane and saw amanda driving, "hey! hey!" he said, noticing as she pulled into a gas station.

"Shane no!" Rick sighed as Shane turned on the siren and lights, making an illegal U-Turn and chasing after Amanda's SUV.

Amanda pulled into one of the pumps, climbing out of her car. She looked up in fear as the car came roaring down, brakes squeaking as Shane came to an abrupt stop.
Rick sighed, using his sheriffs hat to cover his face.

Shane climbed out the car, walking out to Amanda, "Hey!" He shouted

Amanda grabbed the nozzle, placing it inside her gas tank as she looked over, "hello officer, is everything alright?" She asked

"No, actually. No it's not." Shane said, slamming his hands on the hood of her car, "One month. One month of radio silence." He said angrily

Amanda kept her hand on the nozzle, "correct." she said, looking up at Shane with empty eyes.

Rick climbed out of the car, "Shane!" he shouted, walking over. He handed Shane his wallet, "run inside and grab me a coffee, yeah?" he said, hoping to distract him.
Shane sighed deeply, trying to contain his anger. He grabbed the wallet, walking towards the station.

Amanda looked at Rick, smiling softly, "Hi, officer grimes, did you come to yell at me too?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Rick laughed, taking his sheriffs hat off, "no ma'am, the opposite, actually." he replied, smiling softly as he examined her delicately.
Amanda had dyed her brown hair a shade of dark blonde. She wasn't wearing any makeup besides mascara. She looked tired but so beautiful. She wore fitted black scrubs and white gym shoes. She had a turtle badge reel on with an ID on it. It had a photo of her with the title "AMANDA GARCIA, PEDS, RN" written in bold red letters

"Are you about to start a shift?" Rick questioned, leaning against the pump.
Amanda laughed softly, "no way. i'm just getting off a 12 hour shift." she admitted. She smiled as she returned the nozzle, "i should leave before he comes back. but it was nice to see you." amanda said, "we should meet for coffee." amanda offered shyly, "to catch up." she amended, hoping rick wouldn't get the wrong idea.

rick grinned but before he could answer, a car came screeching into the lot. Two men rushed out of the car and began shooting.

Amanda gasped loudly as Rick pressed his body against hers, providing a shield.

Rick groaned as he was shot, falling down to his knees.

Amanda dropped down besides him, "no no no no!" amanda said, unbuttoning his shirt to see the damage.
Amanda sighed in relief as she saw his bullet proof vest, "oh rick." amanda said, caressing his cheek.

Rick opened his eyes, grabbing his python, "amanda, get under your car." he said, using his strength to sit up.

He grunted, adjusting his bullet proof vest, "son of a bitch shot me. can you believe that? don't ever tell Lori i was shot." Rick said to Amanda as he helped her under her car