Part 5

Amanda and Rick ran upstairs to join the group. Rick opened the door, letting Amanda run in first before closing it behind them.

Amanda looked off the side of the building, inhaling softly. She leaned down slowly, holding onto a pipe to stable herself.
"Hey, before you jump, let some of us know what you've got hiding under those jeans!" Merle shouted

Rick inhaled sharply, glaring at Merle before he joined Amanda, "ideas?" he asked
Amanda shook her head, "no. our guns are down there." amanda said softly

Glenn looked over the side of the building, "that van! if i can get to that van, I can back it up to the building and we can drive off." Glenn said
"I wish we could find a way to move past them." Morales said with a sigh
Rick perked up, "what if we disguise ourselves as one of them?" he asked

Within 20 minutes, glenn and rick were covered in walker blood and organs. Glenn went to a different room to grab a weapon he could hide in his lab coat.

amanda stood a foot away from Rick, looking up at him. she looked at his face, which was free of blood, "be careful. i'm going to the roof and
use the sniper to provide cover fire if things get hairy." amanda said, leaning in and placing a soft kiss on his lips

Rick returned the kiss, smiling softly, "i'm starting to like this ritual we have." he admitted. Rick smiled softly, "I saw this downstairs and I thought it would look nice on you." He said, handing Amanda a small box. Amanda looked up at him in confusion, taking the small box delicately. She opened it and couldn't help but laugh softly, "Oh, Rick." She said softly as she looked at the  necklace with a small heart on it. Rick smiled, "I would put it on you but I don't want to get you dirty." He said. Before Amanda could answer, Glenn walked in, "ready to go?" he questioned. Rick nodded, giving Amanda a smile before they walked outside together.

Amanda ran to the room, using the sniper to guard rick and glenn.
Soon after, it began raining.
"It's a cluster cloud! It'll pass." Morales said
"The blood is washing off." T-dog said frantically
Amanda ghosted her finger over the trigger, waiting for a walker to get too close to rick or glenn.

Within moments, rick and glenn took off running.

Glenn gasped as a walker came towards him, reaching at him.

Amanda shot the walker, smiling as Glenn climbed inside the van with Rick.
Amanda stood up straight, watching the two.

"they're leaving!" andrea shouted, "bastards!" she screamed angrily

"rick wouldn't leave." amanda said, inhaling softly

A few minutes later, a car alarm went off, roaring down the streets in the distance. Amanda watched as Ricks truck came and she laughed happily, "go! go! hes here!" Amanda said as she ran down the stairs with the group.

Merele screamed for the group to release him from the cuffs, T-Dog looked at him somberly as he dropped the key down the drain, accidentally. T-Dog apologized profusely before chaining the door shut. He joined the rest of the group, climbing in the back of Ricks truck.

Amanda climbed in the passenger's seat, smiling as Morales shut the door to the truck.

Once they arrived at the camp, everyone but Amanda and Rick got out of the vehicle. Amanda looked at Rick, "should we stay or go?" Amanda asked softly. Rick inhaled deeply, "I think we stay for a bit, rest up and then keep going." Rick said. Amanda nodded, "okay, i trust you." She said. Amanda looked out the window, smiling as she saw Morales flag them down, waving them over. "Stay put." Rick said, his intentions to walk around to the other side and let Amanda out of the passenger side.