Part 4

Amanda was sitting in the passengers seat, playing with the badge on Ricks sheriffs hat.
She looked up at Rick as he pulled over to the side of the road, "everything okay?" Amanda asked him softly. She glanced over at him, tilting her head to the side.

"Outta gas." Rick sighed, "let's walk for a bit, see what we find." He said, rubbing his face, looking stressed.

"Okay." Amanda said. She unbuckled her seatbelt and shifted to face Rick, "Snack break first?" She asked with a smile.

Rick laughed, "sure." he said, unbuckling his seatbelt. He watched as amanda opened a can of peaches, using a fork and fed Rick the first slice.
Rick smiled gratefully as he chewed, watching amanda take the second slice.

Rick reached into his pocket, grabbing his handkerchief and wiped amanda's chin.
Amanda laughed softly as she fed Rick another slice. She looked out the window as she held the can, playing with the rim. Mindlessly, she cut her thumb. Amanda gasped in shock as she looked at her thumb, "what was that?" she said in shock
"You were so entranced looking out the window." Rick said as he wiped her thumb clean with his handkerchief. He smiled softly, "you gonna make it?" He asked

Amanda sighed deeply, "unfortunately, i don't think so."

Rick laughed as he rolled his eyes, "stay put." he said, climbing out the car. He walked over to the passengers side, opening the door and smiled as Amanda climbed out. He grabbed his personal bag and the bag of guns, watching as Amanda slid on her own bag.

They walked down the road for a few miles before running into a lonesome home.
Amanda looked over at Rick, "Maybe i should go knock. You walking around with a bag full of guns may be startling." Amanda admitted.
Rick inhaled softly, "Okay. I'll stay right here." He said, handing Amanda the red canister for the gasoline.

Amanda walked over to the door and knocked twice, "Hello, our car ran out of gas a few miles back and we were hoping you had some to spare?" Amanda questioned, hoping someone on the inside was listening.

After 2 minutes of silence, Amanda peeked in the window. She gasped loudly, her eyes almost bulging out of her head, "Oh my god." she said. She wiggled the door knob and pushed her body against the door, trying to open it carefully. Amanda sighed as she backed up, kicking the door a few times before it opened.

Rick looked at Amanda in disbelief, "Hey! What were you, a horse in your past life?" He asked as he jogged over to her. He stopped at the doorway, gagging at the smell of the rotting corpses.

"stay here." Amanda begged rick, "I'll look around." She said. Rick shook his head, "no way!" He said forcefully, "no!" he peeked inside, looking at the dead bodies and flies swarming around.

Amanda shook her head, "Rick please. Go check around the back, yeah? We meet in the yard, no more than 5 minutes. Okay?" She said, nodding as she walked walked through the house carefully.

Rick inhaled deeply as he reluctantly walked around the side of the house. He stopped when he saw a corral with a horse inside. He grinned as he walked over, carefully extending his hand to show the horse he meant no harm, "let's get you outta here, yeah?" he said, putting the saddle on the horse. he grabbed the reign, leading him over to the backdoor, where he waited for Amanda.

Amanda stepped outside, using her sweater to cover her mouth. She gasped for air as she dropped her sweater, "no gasoline but i found a nudie magazine and some canned goods." amanda said as she looked over at Rick, "ah, no. i'd rather walk to atlanta." she said as she examined the horse.

"What? Are you afraid of them?" Rick pondered as he climbed up. Amanda shook her head, "not necessarily, i just am not a fan." she admitted, staying on the ground.