Part 25

Slowly but surely, Amanda and Ricks relationship began to mend. Amanda tried to keep firm boundaries, making sure they didn't have sex, they didn't kiss very often, they had separate rooms and that they move slowly - but somehow, someone always gave in. Amanda would have difficulty sleeping though the nights, being awoke by nightmares of the governor. Rick was always there within a moment, ready to protect her.

Rick was about 97% healed from his fight with The Governor. He was in the back, chopping wood for the fireplace. Meanwhile, Amanda was washing their laundry in a basin, both of them
quiet.

They had began to grow a small life for themselves. They had a handful of chickens, which produced eggs for them, and since the area was mainly empty, they had plenty of wildlife to hunt. There was a creek nearby, which they often would fish in as well.

Rick wiped the sweat from his forehead as he watched Amanda walk inside the house. She returned moments later, holding up a glass of water for him.

Rick smiled thankfully as he took the glass, letting their hands touch, "thank you." he said as he took a sip, sighing as he looked around.

Amanda looked up at him, nodding slowly as she walked back over to the basin. She walked inside to grab more soap when she heard rustling behind her. She felt hands on her hips and panic overrode her body. She grabbed her knife, quickly spinning around and pushing Rick into the wall, the knife against his neck.

Ricks breath hitched as he looked down at her, putting his hands up in surrender. He looked down at her, grinning, as if he enjoyed the idea of Amanda overpowering him.

"Announce yourself next time." Amanda said as she pulled away, putting the knife back on the counter. She grabbed the soap and returned back to the basin, outside. After she finished, she dumped out the soapy water and walked over to the creek, filling it up with clean water. Amanda walked inside and started filling up the tub, humming softly . Every other basin full of water, she would boil to warm up the water so the tub wouldn't be cold. After she filled it up, she crawled inside and cleaned herself off.

She wrapped herself in a towel, walking to her bedroom. She hummed quietly as she looked at herself in the mirror, unable to recognize herself. She looked down, examining the wedding ring and necklace that sat on the dresser. She admired them before she slid the ring on for the first time, looking down at her hand. She was lost in a deep trance, staring at the ring, unsure of how much time had passed.

In the mean time, Rick had cleaned himself up . He wrapped another towel around his hips, walking past Amanda's room into his own. He ran a hand through his clean hair, exhaling softly as he shut the door behind him.

Amanda watched Rick, admiring his muscular back as he walked into his room. Amanda exhaled softly as she crept over to his room. She knocked on the door quietly, as if she was hoping he wouldn't hear.

Rick opened the door slowly, holding his towel against his hips, "Hey." He smiled softly

Amanda looked up at him, exhaling deeply as she let go of her towel, letting it drop on the floor by her feet.

Ricks eyes widened as he looked at her, almost in disbelief. He swallowed hard, letting his towel go, falling on the floor by his feet. He walked forward, snaking an arm Amanda as he leaned down, kissing her softly.

Amanda closed her eyes as she cupped his cheek, pushing her body against his, leading him blindly to the bed.

Rick felt the back of his legs hit the bed and he sat down, pulling Amanda on top of his body. He ran his hands up her legs and stopping at her hips. He squeezed lightly as he pulled her body closer, craving her intimacy.