Part 11

Amanda and Rick had fallen asleep on the blanket outside and woke up when the sun started to rise.
Rick opened his eyes, looking down at Amanda, who was still sound asleep. Rick leaned down, peppering her with kisses to wake her up.

Amanda opened her eyes, smiling softly. She looked at Rick, but closed her eyes again and started to fall asleep again.

Ricked laughed, "C'mon, time to get up." She said, rubbing her legs.

Amanda inhaled softly, stretching her arms as she opened her eyes, "Okay." She said, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Amanda looked down at her leg and rolled her ankle around, wincing slightly at the soreness.

Rick helped her stand up, "C'mon, we can pick this up later." he said, scooping her up and carrying her to the farmhouse. He walked her to the room Hershel had her staying in, "thanks." Amanda said softly, "I'll see you in a few minutes." Amanda said, smiling up at him.

Rick nodded, rubbing her back as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "holler if you need anything." he said before stepping out of her room.

Amanda stepped outside wearing white overalls and a black tube top underneath. She held onto the railing, easing herself down. She hummed softly as she looked up at the sky, inhaling softly. She felt a hand touch her shoulder and she turned around, smiling as she saw Hershel, "Hi, sir." Amanda said with a kind smile, "How can i be of help today?" She asked

"Chickens need tending to, you can join me, if you'd like." Hershel said, "you ever milk a cow?" he asked

"I have not, no. But i'd love to learn if you're willing to teach me." Amanda said with a soft smile.

Hershel linked his arm with Amanda's, walking down to where the chicken coop. Hershel handed the basket to Amanda, "stay put, i'll grab them." he said, opening the coop and grabbing some eggs. He placed them inside the basket, smiling, "Let's go take this to your group." He said, linking his arm with Amanda's and walking down the path, "Good morning, everyone." Hershel said, placing the basket down besides Carol who was making breakfast.

Amanda reached into the front pocket of her overalls and pulled her a bandana. She put it on her head carefully, to shield herself from the sun.
She glanced over to Rick and Lori, who were arguing quietly. Amanda shook her head, looking back over at Hershel who was talking to Dale, "ready?" she asked with a smile as they walked over to one of the two barns. Amanda and Hershel were talking quietly when Rick walked in, "Amanda, can i steal you for a moment?" Rick asked

Amanda looked up, "yeah, can it wait a minute?" Amanda asked curiously

"No, now, please." Rick said, placing his hand on his holster and shifting his weight to one of his legs, his face riddled with stress.

"Go ahead." Hershel smiled at Amanda

"Thanks." Amanda said to Hershel as she limped over to Rick. Amanda stood a few feet away from him, "what's up?" She asked curiously.

Rick stepped closer to her, "Lori is pregnant." He whispered to her

Amanda felt her heart sink to her stomach. Amanda looked up at Rick, chewing on the inside of her cheek, not saying anything.

"Listen, we've only had sex twice. She's been going at it with Shane." Rick began

"But you're married, so no matter what, the baby is yours." Amanda said softly

Rick looked down at her, "It's a good chance it's not mine." He said, "She had Glenn get her a test. Then she had him go back for some abortion pills. Took a whole bunch, said she threw them up."

Amanda stared up at Rick, the light in her eyes dimming. She stayed quiet, swallowing harshly to keep herself from crying.

"Amanda please." Rick said softly, "Please." He said, "Don't do this to me." He begged her