Part 21

It had been three months since they had won the fight against The Governor. Everything seemed to be at peace. The prison and the people inside were flourishing. There was minimal incidents, only small accidents that occurred from carelessness.

Rick had began to settle down, his anger, stress and frustration subsiding. He spent more time with Carl, trying to help him work through his aggression.

Amanda played a role in the counsel as well as was one of the leads on the medical team. She taught first aid to the new people as well as helped some of the younger kids learn self defense. Amanda was currently on a walk with Judith around the prison. Amanda was pushing her in a stroller, while a young german shepard followed behind.  Amanda was wearing a short, flowy brown dress and a white t shirt underneath. Since there was stability at the prison, amanda had been more in touch with her feminine side. She wore dresses that made her feel beautiful, she looked to be the embodiment of ethereal beauty.

She stopped by the garden and picked a strawberry. She rinsed it off quickly with her water bottle before taking a bite. She kneeled down in front of Judith and let her teethe on the fruit, since she was 5 months already.

Rick smiled as he walked over to Amanda, "Excuse me, ma'am, are you picking from my garden?" He asked her playfully

"Oh, who, me? No, not me. I think she is, though." Amanda said, pointing at Judith who was already making a mess with the fruit.

Rick laughed as he leaned in, giving Amanda a loving kiss, "I feel like i haven't seen you all day." He admitted

"Because you haven't, you left while I was asleep to tend to the garden." Amanda frowned, "But, I wanted to talk to you about something." Amanda said shifting awkwardly, "The counsel met.." She began, "You need to start carrying your gun with you, when you go outside the fence. I know, I know, you don't want to because of Carl. But, if you're around Walkers, you're going to need more than your knife." Amanda explained, taking the gun out of a bag and handing it to him, carefully

Rick looked at Amanda, sighing softly as he took the gun and tucked it into his waistband, "Fine." he said softly, shaking his head, "Carls not gonna be happy." He said

"He's gonna be even more upset if you die and your death was easily preventable." Amanda said

Rick nodded, "okay." He sighed again, "What's on your agenda for today?"

"I actually don't have much today." Amanda said, "I might go over and help Carol cook lunch. I think Daryl got another deer so he's cleaning it up right now."

"Okay." Rick smiled, leaning in and giving her a kiss. He leaned down, giving Judith a kiss on the head, "I'll meet you over in a few, I'm just going to wrap up some things over here."

Amanda nodded as she pushed the stroller back up to the prison, the dog following behind her. While on a run, Amanda had encountered a sick dog. After crying to Rick for half an hour, Rick let her take the dog back to the prison with her. Since then, the dog became glued to her side.
Amanda walked inside the prison, smiling as she saw Beth, "Hi, honey." She said, "How're you?" She asked

"Good! There's a new boy named Zack here. I think he likes me." Beth grinned happily

"He definitely does. He'd be crazy not to, look at those big blue eyes." Amanda smiled, stroking her cheek, "Do you think you can watch Judith for a bit? I'm gonna help Carol make lunch." She smiled

"Of course, I was just coming to find you anyway to ask if you needed me to watch her. Perfect timing." Beth grinned as she took the stroller, "Let's go to the library." She exclaimed to Judith, leading her down the hallway.