Part 23

It had been 5 months since Amanda left. Rick searched, day in and day out, but he wasn't able to track her down. He was losing his grip on reality, he was losing his grip on his sanity, he was losing his grip on himself. The members of the prison made an attack on Woodbury, whoever was left inside of it, making it a ghost town. They searched top to bottom but Amanda was missing.

Rick was standing by the gate, looking at the crops that were wilting away. He saw a blonde woman walk up to the fence. Andrea. Rick ran down to the gate and pulled it open.

Daryl pushed Andrea against the wall and pat her down, checking for a weapon. He pulled away, looking at Rick for further instructions.

"I know where your wife is." Andrea panted out, "I saw her."

"Where?" Rick asked angrily, pushing Andrea against the fence, letting walkers pull at her hair

"Two towns down, there's a new Woodbury." Andrea said, "The Governor keeps her tucked away most of the day, at night he uses her as a show case. T-They make her dress up and fight walkers. It's... Its kinda hot." Andrea admitted

Rick growled as he pulled her off the fence, "Take us." He said angrily. He grabbed two rifles, a hand full of magazines and his python. He jogged over to his car and climbed inside, letting Andrea drive. Daryl, Glenn and Maggie climbed in the back, all carrying weapons.

They drove until nightfall. They parked the car two miles down from the new town. Andrea climbed out of the car, "You can sneak in with me. Come to my apartment." She said, pulling up a manhole on the ground. She slid down the hole and began walking through the sewers.

Rick trailed after her, the smell being the least of his concerns. He watched Andrea before he stopped walking, "Why are you helping us? Why now, all of a sudden?" He asked

"I don't know." Andrea admitted, "My friend... The Governor took her... I'm hoping you guys could help me find her. Her name is Michonne." She said quietly as she climbed up a ladder, pushing up the manhole, taking them to the center of the street. She climbed out and jogged inside her apartment, the other four trailing behind. Andrea walked over to her back window, pointing at a large crowd in the distance. She handed Rick some binoculars, "You guys can climb on the roof for a better view." She said as Rick peeked through the binoculars

Rick nodded, "I can't see much, just a lot of people." He said, inhaling deeply. He climbed up the fire escape, making his way to the roof. He kneeled down, taking out the binoculars and looking to where all the commotion was. His heart sunk when he saw Amanda

Amanda was standing in a man made ring, her ankle chained to the ground, but giving her enough room to move around. She was wearing a tight red dress with a slit on the side, revealing the gun holster she had on her thigh. Besides her was the German Shepard she had rescued. She begged and pleaded The Governor to have the dog delivered, and after a period of good behavior he had Merle bring the dog.
Amanda had a large machete in her hands, breathing deeply as she saw a a cage in front of her, but it was covered so she was unsure of what was inside.

The Governor walked to the center of the ring, "Ladies and Gentleman! Please, gather around!" He shouted, "I am pleased to introduce my lovely guest, Amanda Grimes!" He shouted, letting the crowd cheer. The Governor walked over, giving amanda a kiss.

Rick felt his heart sink as he heard her last name being called before she kissed The Governor.

The Governor grinned, "you know the rules, we can't interfere unless you beg. no using the gun unless necessary, and finally if you try and shoot us, we'll kill everyone in that prison." He hissed in her ear

Amanda nodded quietly as she dug her heels into the ground for stability. She watched in disbelief as they removed the sheet, revealing a walker. He was large, they had obviously been feeding him. They had pushed sharpened poles through his body, which acted like a sort of protective armor, as well as a metal helmet, "What's this?" Amanda panicked as she looked at The Governor, "Phillip! What's is this?" Amanda shouted as her dog began barking wildly at the walker, "Maverick, down!" Amanda shouted at the dog, not wanting him to jump at the walker.