chapter 8

Yang jian

Yang jian

______________________________________________________

Aunt jinsung pov

My world shattered when Jeongin told me about today's school incident but didn't tell me the proper reason behind it. I'm really worried, so I brought them into my new house where my husband, his kids, and I live. Well, my new sons are still angry because of our marriage, so they didn't come home; it's been two days. Looking at my nephew's condition, I feel worse.

Did I make another mistake? Did I fail to protect them? Did I break my promise to my brother? These questions were running through my mind continuously, and I feel it's my fault. I shouldn't have forced them to join college. I thought I was just isolating them from this world, but I was wrong; that isolation was like heaven to live in. When I see Lana's condition, I remember the same scene from fifteen years ago.

My brother Jian is actually my little brother, but he always acted like my big brother to protect me from this cruel world. He doesn't have lots of friends, only a few we can count on our hands, but all of them are very kind and ready to do anything for their friends. The real story starts when my brother comes from Korea with two little kids who were hugging each other out of fear.

Their big doe eyes were red from crying. When they looked at me, they just froze and looked at my brother. I got curious about them; lots of questions were running in my mind. Like, are they my brother's kids? Did he marry someone without telling me? But he didn't tell me anything. Then I made my first step by talking to them. When I pet their heads, they looked at me surprised, like no one had done that to them before

. After taking them into my brother's bedroom, they both slept. I'm still waiting for my brother's reply, but he denied it. He just said they are his close friends' nephews, and we have to take care of them.

Days passed, years passed, both of them grew up, forgetting their past. My brother is also very happy. We became the happiest family ever until a few years ago when Jian passed away due to cancer. It was really hard to accept the reality, but we didn't have any option. Slowly, we moved on, and I started to fall in love with Inyeop. I didn't expect that he also loves me back. He proposed to me, and I can't say no.

Back to reality, when I stepped into Inyeop's house, I felt something was off, like he is hiding something from me. His sons were odd too. I'm 💯 percent sure this mansion is full of mystery.

End of jinsung pov

"What are you thinking, honey?" Inyeop asked.
Jinsung just shook her head.

"I failed to protect them, I'm the worst aunt," Jinsung said.

"You are wrong, who said you failed? You were just trying to help them, isn't it?"

She nodded, biting her lips. Her nose was red from crying, her eyes were only floating in the river of her tears.
Somewhat, in Inyeop's eyes, she is looking hell cute.
When she looked at her husband, she pouted.

"Are you making fun of me, isn't it?"

"Nah, I'm just looking at my beautiful wife," he said, getting closer to her.

They both came closer to each other, the distance between them is now gone, they were feeling each other's breath.

Closing their eyes until Jinsung opened her eyes. Her eyes fell in a particular direction, her eyes widened when she found out someone is holding a gun in his hand pointing towards her husband.

She didn't think twice, she just pushed Inyeop to the ground. But before she bent down, a sudden bullet passed through her heart, and blood came from her mouth.

She dropped herself on the ground. Inyeop just widened his eyes, looking at the scene in front of him. Just at that moment, the door opened, revealing Jeongin and Lana. Their eyes also widened, looking at their aunt's condition. They immediately ran towards her.

" Aunty, Aunt, what happened to you? Answer us," Lana said, her tears continuously making their way towards her eyes.

The atmosphere became full of cries because of Lana and Jeongin. Inyeop regretted everything. Just a few minutes ago, they were the happiest couple ever. Now, look at the situation. He was lost in his thoughts.

Jinsung's breathing started to slow down, and her bloody hand touched her nephew's face. A small smile appeared on her face as she let out a small whisper, "I'm sorry, I wasn't able to complete my promise."

"No, Aunt, what about us? You can't leave us alone in this big world," Jeongin said.

"Uncle, call the ambulance and take her to the hospital," Lana shouted.

" "There is no use, my time is coming," she said, her breath now faster than normal people.

"Honey, don't say something like that, we will save you," Inyeop said. She just shook her head, then she looked at him. His eyes were only telling her why she did that, why she saved him.

"Do you promise me something?" she asked, looking at her husband. He nodded.

"My nephews don't have anyone in this world after me. Can you take care of them?" she asked.

"Yes, of course. Also, I know you will be alright," Inyeop said. But after his words, her breath stopped, her every movement stopped. Just like that, both siblings' world collapsed in front of them.

Their clothes were bloody because of their aunt's blood, tears no longer in their state. They were helpless, now no one was there for them. They were alone. Jeongin held the collar of Inyeop.

"You said you would take care of her, we gave you the responsibility to protect her. Then what happened to her?" Jeongin said, losing his grip and bending his knees. But Inyeop didn't say anything.

Not a single word. He just looked at his wife, who closed her eyes in front of him. Whatever he likes, it never stays longer for him. First, his lovely wife died because of him, his two children ran from him, and now, finally, he was happy again, but everything shattered in front of him.

How unlucky he is. He doesn't have a single tear. Being cold just makes him metal that doesn't break. His sons were right; he couldn't save her, just like Jookyung. He was helpless. The most dangerous mafia is helpless to protect his own family.

Now, what is he going to do?

(Hello guys
Do you like the chapter or not
I guess you were right about me , I should complete this book first then write another  but I will try to write that book soon atleast first episode so I will not forget it.
Hope this episode isn't that sad
Also sorry for short episode.)