chapter 9

( Hey buddies, I know you must be getting annoyed by backstories and you want to read character dialogue, but trust me, only two chapters left of some kind of story. Then the main dialogue will start. Also, one important thing I want to tell you guys. As you know, for the past two months, I was really busy with college. So, as I expected, for the past two days, I've been suffering from a fever. The doctor told me to rest, but being the nerd girl I am, without caring for my health, I went to college. Now my health has become worse. 🙂 My parents strictly said no college for three days, so now I'm home and I don't know what to do. So, here I am, coming to spend time with you. Enjoy the chapter, guys! Hope you liked it.)

Time skip
After a  two weeks
At night

Lana's POV

It's been two weeks since our aunt passed away. We didn't leave our room, nor did our uncle come out of his room. Now, we don't have anyone in this world whom we will call family. Flashbacks of our happy moments keep hurting me. First, our father, and now aunt. Why does everyone want to leave us in this cruel world? Why didn't they think about us?

At that moment, Lana's chain of thoughts was cut by a maid telling both siblings that Mr. Hwang is calling them.

Jeongin's POV

We entered Mr. Hwang's room. It was a mess; the smell of alcohol spreads throughout the room. I guess he has been drinking alcohol for the past two weeks. Looking at the room and him, it's totally messy. His bright face is dull, just like ours.
He is sitting in a chair, looking outside as if lost in deep thoughts, gazing at the moon with a glass of wine in his hand. Is he drunk? Then why did he order us to come here, to scold us? Now we don't have anyone, but that doesn't mean we will be dependent on someone.

We earn enough money from our office; we don't need his money or anything from him. It's a good thing he called us. I am also willing to talk to him. Since our aunt is not with us, it means there is no way we can live here. It will be better to go to Canada because I don't want my sister to feel the pain again and again.

End of Jeongin pov

" "You probably wonder why I called you," Inyeop said in a deep voice but in a calm tone. They nodded their heads in agreement.

"Please have a seat because this will take a lot of your time," Inyeop said. They took their seats.

"I called you because I don't think I will have time in the future to tell you something important. I wanted to share my story with you, even if you didn't want to listen. I'm going to tell it because nobody knows the future." Both siblings looked confused, but Inyeop continued his story.

"I just wanted to tell you my story because I don't want you to think that your biological father was always wrong and heartless, a man who never cared for his own children."

Inyeop's words widened both siblings' eyes. They wanted to run but couldn't move; it was as if they were frozen in their spots, mouths sealed shut. They were just processing the new information in their brains. To their surprise, Inyeop wasn't looking at them; he just kept staring at the moon. He continued

" "The world we are living in isn't the world you see. Life is too complicated when you don't have anyone by your side. My life was just like that. I wasn't born evil nor an angel, just a homeless child abandoned by his family since birth. I was neglected, unwanted; no one wanted me, no one came to adopt me. Everyone thought I was a devil, but I wasn't. I always wanted love, but there was no one who would love me.

So, I became the one who people thought. I realized nothing is important when it comes to your stomach; a job that will fulfill your stomach is never bad. So, I went with the flow. At the age of 10, I killed 14 people, which led to more money. I became blind to it slowly and entered the world of the mafia. I found lots of children who were in the same state as me. We built a gang, and I became their leader. When I turned 21, I became the most scariest and heartless man.