chapter 13

"You are the only one in charge of your destiny. Unfair things may happen to you, unfortunate times may come to you, but you always get to choose how you respond. You can live in frustration and bitterness, or you can be the bigger person and play the hell out of the cards you are dealt. The truth is that not a single person can choose the cards they receive, but everyone can choose how to play their cards.

In front of seven deadly demons, two innocent souls are trapped in their trap. Having no one on their side but each other is making their situation even harder. What they want is just a little happiness, a comfortable place where they can live independently, having each other, nothing more...

" "Thank you so much, sir, for helping me. I will pay you back. Please tell me the amount of money you spent," Jeongin asked politely. He didn't want those people to think they were helpless and didn't have enough money to spend.

"No need," Chan said, as always. Jeongin didn't talk further, neither did they.

"As all of us are here, I want to tell you something," Chan said while continuing. "As you have come to know, you are heirs of the Hwang's, which means you are going to live here".

This line was repeated by almost all of my siblings, and I don't think we will talk further on this topic.

"If you two wanted to live separately, you can't because Lana is still underage, and you are also not of age to become a guardian. So, I assume you will stay here, whether you want to or not. My decision will not change. After your aunt's death, I decided to become your guardian also, this message is for all of the brothers. It is from tomorrow that Minho, Changbin, and I aren't going to attend university because we will be going to the office.
However, all of you, including you two, are going to college. I don't want to discuss this further, so everyone, let's go to your rooms. We will meet at breakfast."
With that, all of their brothers leave their room.

During this conversation, Lana was hugging Jeongin tightly, not giving a single glance, as if she looked at them, they would eat her alive.

"Oppa, that means we are in a cage where we can walk and talk but not supposed to feel at home," Lana said, looking at Jeongin.

" Life is always complicated, princess, no matter how we try to face each problem. It always comes and burns us whole. This is a never-ending saga. At one moment, we will be happy, and the next moment, we will find out there is no one who hurts but only us.

At the end of the day, we have to accept reality, even though it's hard, because life always gives us a second chance. Maybe our second chance hasn't come yet." He kissed her forehead, giving her warmth with his words.

"I hope our tomorrow will be better than today because I don't want them to kill us for no reason," she said.

"Don't think negatively, baby. Just think, tomorrow you will find some good guy who will be head over heels for you," Jeongin said playfully.

"Ahhhh, oppa, do you know I can't talk properly to strangers," she pouted.

" "Omo, that means are you really planning to get a boyfriend?" Jeongin asked, being fake shocked.

"Ahhh, no, I never said that... you are so bad, oppa. I'm going to sleep," Raya said, making a pout.

"Okay, sleepyhead, sleep well. I'm right beside you," Jeongin said, giving her a goodnight kiss.

Next morning,

without wasting time, both siblings got ready for college and joined their new brothers for breakfast. As expected, Lana and Jeongin were eating quietly while the others were talking to each other, as if these two were not existing living beings.