11

Soonyoung

"That's really great then! We can all get along!" Silence resided in the room after Jun's words and I could sense it haunted Hana, more than she showed. Her eyes skimmed over through the room, searching for even one welcoming face but there were none.

"I probably should get going! I'll see you'll later" she didn't even spare me a glance, only bidding farewell to Jun and Seokmin. I knew that I couldn't change the way the world saw her but atleast I could try persuading my friends atleast.

Before I could even mutter my thoughts out loud, Jun beat me to it, "Guys? Can you'll like atleast try being a little friendly with her?" My thoughts exactly ."Hyung, there's a reason why no one befriends her" Seungkwan could've phrased it a tiny bit politely but he didn't.

"Yeah Jun. You shouldn't go around making friends with just anyone" Seungcheol hyung laid back on the floor, completely ignoring the ongoing conversations. I know he was just trying to protect Jun but- "But she wasn't the one who committed the crime, was she?" I was in dire need of this sentence to reach them and Seokmin helped me.

"Not everyone thinks that way, Seokmin-ah" Jeonghan hyung was right, forget about everyone, no one thinks that way, not even themselves. I hurriedly watched Jun getting up and leaving the studio, he was disappointed, I could sense.

"We're supposed to be practicing" Jihoon yelled loudly so that after Jun had calmed himself down, he would eventually return. In response he just slammed the door shut.

"She wasn't that bad though" I smiled at Mingyu's interjection which earned nods from Jisoo and Chan, "You can never know anyone's intentions" Fuck their opinions, to be honest.

"I don't think Junnie is coming back for today. Let's just go home" I grabbed my backpack and slipped on my shoes, heading for the door. "Why are you sweating over it, though?" Wonwoo's query made me halt in my place.

Why was it bothering me though? Because she looked sorrowful? Was it because I pitied her? Was it because of Jun? Was it because I cared? Nevermind!

It was just nearing noon, the scorching sun making me squint my eyes. I didn't know where I was going but I knew where my feet would take me. The second I stood before the ancient traditional type of Korean architecture, made me once again realise, why I called this my home.

"Grandma!" I called out to her while stepping inside the guesthouse. There she was sat on the table, hands covered in gloves and making Kimchi. "Oh, Soonyoung's here!" I rushed forward to engulf her in a hug. I needed one right now.

"Don't tell me? You skipped school?" She was ready to thrash me but I immediately explained her the situation, "We got saved due to your food, Grandma!" The only reason me and my friends didn't get poisoned by the cafeteria food was because my loving Grandma right here had packed lunch for all of us.

"Come on, It's almost lunch time. Let's eat" The guesthouse had been run by her for years now. Ever since my dad decided to go off on his own after abandoning her. I hated him for that. I had always visited her secretly though, not until I grew up and straight up declared that I could do whatever I want and visited her openly.

"Eat more!" Her hands patted my head, smoothing down my hair. I glanced up the bright skies, clear and beautiful as I lay on her lap. "Soonyoungie has a lot on his mind, I see!" she knew, she always did.

"Grandma?" I called her out as she hummed in response. "Should you treat a person based on what their parents or the people surrounding them, did?" She shook head vigorously, "Never, My child. It doesn't define them."

"Why do you say so?" My grandma's answer moved something inside of me, "If that would be the case, I wouldn't be here, adoring and loving you, my son. What your parents did to me was grave but I still love them and even more..you. You aren't them, you aren't defined by what they did"

I found myself sitting at another place that I had began to call 'Home'. "Hey Noona" My elder sisters' beautiful. Running my hands on her gravestone, washed a sense of comfort to me.
"You always said that you adored, Kang Hana. I don't really know what to do. Everyone just seems to hate her and I don't like that, a single bit. Something hurts inside me when I watch her lips turn from a smile to a frown"

"Always protect the people you care about" Noona's words resounded in my mind as I finished mine.