14

Soonyoung

I knew I made the right choice, seeking her help when she calmed me down. For others it might seem like a tiny matter but to me..to me, it's important. Because I begin to panic really bad and quickly once I start getting nervous.

We bowed to various people as we strided up the cruise. The smile on her face never faltered, neither did it look fake. It made my lips curl, too. Whenever my mind wandered to the consequences of this pretense, Hana would immediately squeeze my upper arm. I didn't understand how she realised that I was overthinking.

"You need to relax your face a bit, love" Her honey laced voice, enticed me. "Let's enjoy the party before anything goes wrong" She was right! I couldn't bring her mood down with my own worries.

"Mojito!?" I grabbed two of them when she agreed, passing one of them to her. Thanking the waiter wasn't forgotten by her. How could she be still kind to the world when all it ever gave her was hatred?

"So you made it?!" a deep and cranky voice creeped up from behind me. Hana instantly looked up to meet the gaze of my father, who stood with my mother by his side. The smile my mother passed onto me, the fakest one I had seen in my life. It couldn't compare to the pure one on Hana's lips.

"Hello!" I bowed my head deeply as Hana followed suit. "Greetings! Mr and Mrs. Kwon" She curtsied, "Oh!" My mother had realised who she was, didn't she? "Kang Hana?" The girl by my side, gave her a curt nod, implying that she indeed was.

"I didn't know, our Soonyoung was dating you!" I needed to push in and speak but my lips wouldn't move but her's did, "It was a surprise for us too! It's just that we didn't want anyone to know. Just our private little thing, isn't it, babe?" Thank you so fucking much Hana.

"So how long have you been together?" Father passed on a skeptical look towards her which she completely ignored, while it rose goosebumps on my body. "A month or two!" I replied, earning a click of the tongue from him. He wanted Hana to answer that.

"We don't really know the exact date because it just happened, you know!" Mother joined in with her chuckle, narrowing her eyes at me. "So do you love each other?" A roll went down my throat at the query, "I do but I don't really know about your son. He seems too busy with studies and things. Always muttering how he needs to get his future right!"

This girl! Oh My God! The answer surprisingly earned a laugh from my father. He was satisfied with my focus on the future. "I really love her" I focused my gaze on her, "I'm sorry if I didn't offer enough of my time to you" her eyes dissappeared as cresent moons formed near her eyes as she smiled at me lovingly.

"I know you do,love" She placed a soft kiss on my cheek. I was frozen in my spot, not blinking. Blood rushed to my face, coloring it with a deep shade of red. "We'll leave you'll to enjoy the night" My father walked away after saying that. He truly must've liked Hana to not ask any further questions.

"You okay?" She nudged me. I wasn't! I fucking wasn't! How could I be when she just straight up kissed my cheeks? This girl was driving me crazy right now!

"Yep" I popped the 'p' loudly before walking us to a more secluded area on the cruise. We stood there, hands intertwined together, overlooking the sea, calming down with it's sound.

"My father has probably took a liking to you" She was still drawing circles on the back of my hand, "Wait until he knows whose daughter I am!" the amusement in her words, the way she interpreted it without her voice wavering made me narrow my eyes at her.

Was she so used to being treated this way?

"Maybe I shouldn't have answered so confidently?" Her eyes on my face, made the slightest bit of blush appear on them. "Naah.You did well!" Replacing my hand that was placed in her's, I encircled them around her waist.

"You cold?" She leaned her head against my shoulder, breathing the salty air in. "I used to visit the sea with my dad." She was opening upto me, So I thought but she didn't speak further.

"Kwon Soonyoung?" A girly voice spoke up behind us. My hands were still laid on Hana, both of us turning around at the same time. "Hey, Dan Oh!" It was the girl my parents were trying to set me up with.

"Oh so it was true then!" This girl wasn't like any other, one of a gem she was. Kind and Loving. I knew she wasn't feeling upset about me dating someone, she rather looked relieved.

"I'm Kim DanOh" She put forth her hand to shake with Hana's, who reciprocated it with joy. "Kang Hana" The girls were smiling brightly at each other.

"Soonyoung's girlfriend!" those words kept replaying in my mind. Within the pretense, I never realised the deepness of her words. Hana's hands were still laced through mine as we were sat in my car.

I watched the scenery pass by, her hands still rubbing against. "You're driving with a learning licence, aren't you?" she enquired, watching my gaze being fixated on the road.

I hummed softly. Soon enough our  house' was in view, the car coming to a halt. "Thanks alot for today!" I leaned on the side of my car, hands stuffed in my  pockets.

"No worries. I enjoyed your company" I stood up straight, looking straight at her. "I owe you big time!" I was paralyzed. She grabbed my hands. A shudder ran through me at the coldness of her hands.

"It's no big deal!" she waved her hands dismissively, earning a harmonious laugh from me. "I'll see you at school then?" she pointed at her house which stood behind her. "Night'!" I finally let go of her hand.

It missed her warmth...