26

Hana

I was grateful that I wasn't wearing heels or any type of footwear that would make any kinds of sounds while meeting the cold floor. My legs couldn't stop bouncing due to the nerves filling in my chest, hands trembling with anxiety.

"It's okay" a soothing voice and a warm hand clasped my cold and sweaty ones. Gazing up at Soonyoung, I managed to pass him a small smile. The weekend where I had to attend a meal with his parents rolled quicker than I could have prepared myself for.

"Good" Soonyoung's father, Kwon Minchul exclaimed as the food was placed on the table. "The food is here" Sitting here with them had made me realise how contrasting and non-resembling Soonyoung was to his parents.

"Let's start eating, shall we?" Though the middle aged woman's voice was sweet, it had a edgy tone to it which spread shivers down my spine. The moment I had stepped foot in his house, an overwhelming coldness had been detected.

It wasn't the chilly weather, it was the lack of warmth and love. I knew it that very second, that on normal days, this dwelling was nothing more than a cluster of bricks and paints.

"It's really delicious" I complimented the food to ease the awkward tension that surrounded the four of us. "You like it?" I discerned that Soonyoung was trying to strike up an act of love between us so that this pretending game would look more believable but I couldn't stop the red tinting my cheeks when he twirled a loose strand of my hair between his fingers.

"So how are your grades in school, Hana?" I bit back a nervous chuckle, "I wouldn't say it is the best but I manage to come in Top 10" An airy snicker escaped Mr. Kwon's lips, "That's remarkable itself"

I felt Soonyoung's hand twitch beneath mine and I knew the further topic was something that he found uncomfortable. "Soonyoung has also been excelling in his classes and he is pretty talented. So-"

The pair of eyes boring holes in my side, made me realise that supporting Soonyoung or praising him wasn't particularly liked by his mother. BUT WHY? Kwon Soonyoung deserved even more than just phrases of appreciation ; This boy deserved the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD!

"Still...He needs to improve" Mrs. Kwon's narrowed eyes were bothering me more than it should have but I completely forgot about it when a hand was pressed against my knees, calming me down.

"If you can" Fumbling with his mouth full, Mr. Kwon continued, "You should help my son become better" His father wasn't that bad of a person as compared to his mother. Although, he was pushy towards his son to reach goals that Soonyoung didn't want to accomplish.

Soon enough the meal was over and we were sat in the lawns, busking in the sunlight. I was sat right across Mrs. Kwon who kept glancing at me in weird ways.

"We have been neighbours for so long but I haven't seen your parents around" I wanted to drop the cup of tea right from my hand but I composed myself at her question. "My mom's usually busy with her Company"

I know she wanted to inquire further but Mr. Kwon's articulation cut her off, "Honey" He looked at his watch. "We will be late for the meeting if we don't leave now"

Soonyoung was quick to spring up on his feet, dusting off his trousers and very much eager to send his parents off. With a firm shake of my hand, Soonyoung's further implored. "It was nice having a meal with you, Kang Hana"

"Likewise, Sir" With a bow, the two adults were out of our sight. "Soonyoung-ah?!" Without wasting another minute, the boy held me close in his arms. "I hate them, Hana"

My breathing hitched as I heard him breakdown. Kwon Soonyoung was confiding in me and there was a huge possibility that I could withhold his thoughts of leaving this world.

"I'm here"