20

Hana

The beautiful color hue of the sky while the sun was about to set, reminded me of all my happiest moments in life. "What's going on in that mind of yours?" I had completely forgotten that Seungcheol was accompanying me home, adamant to walk me to my neighbourhood.

"Feels peaceful, doesn't it?" humming at his words, I gazed at his eyes that were fixated ahead of us. "So when did you and Soonyoung start dating?" I was expecting it to be thrown at me sometime or the other so it didn't surprise me that much.

"Days ago!?" He just nodded at me response, "I- I" I waited for him to speak further but he just kept stuttering. "I need to apologise for our behaviour that day" Waving at him dismissevely, I walked forward.

"It happens and I'm used to it" though it stabs my heart to say it out loud, I couldn't be bothered by what people keep thinking of me. "Is he good to you?" Seungcheol wasn't the type to ask such things from what I deciphered but I answered nonetheless, truthfully.

"He is. More than anyone ever has been" It came out from the bottom of my heart. Soonyoung had made me discover a part of me that I hadn't realised was hidden deep within.

"That's a relief but I'll be honest" I looked at him, curious. "I thought you and Jun would probably end up together" How should I let him know that I still liked Jun and Soonyoung and I were just pretending? I couldn't tell him that. Too many mouths can spill the tea. Jun was the only one who could know.

"He's a great guy and even better friend" I stood before my house while Seungcheol remained ahead of me. "Time to say goodbye?!" his small giggles warmed my heart. Jihoon and Seungcheol had been extremely good friends for me today, if I could call them that.

"I had fun hanging out with you" I felt the need to implore it out loud. "Let's hang out more in the future than" I would like that..no love that. "I'll try convincing my friends too"

"You don't have to" he is not responsible for what other's think and perceive, "You shouldn't be responsible for that and it's their own choice" A red flush tainted his cheeks as pushed forward his mobile towards me, asking for my number.

"Look at your face, Oppa" It slipped from my mouth. SHIT. "OPPA?" he was as red as a tomato now. "Shit. I'm sorry" Bowing continuously I tried disspating the situation until I felt a warm hand graze my head.

"It's alright, Hana-yah. If Soonyoung calls me hyung than you call me Oppa too" A weird feeling spread across my chest, unable to decipher what it was. Warmth and Comfort that I would name them.

Bidding goodbye to Seungcheol and to the lovely I had experienced, I stepped foot in the house. It wasn't warm like the feeling in my heart, cold as ice with no signs of life in the place.

It just couldn't get any colder.