28

Soonyoung

I couldn't catch sight of Kang Hana the whole day, it kinda worried me but I had to set everything aside for our practice. That girl has been constantly running through my mind, even when I sleep. It's starting to wreck me up.

"I'm out" Jun who was walking besides me, mumbled, tired from the continuous dance routines. We were currently on our way to attend the remaining of the classes. "What's with the commotion?"

Speed walking towards the crowd that were gathered near the locker room for girls, both of us tried getting past the students to brief ourselves as to what was going on.

"Excuse me" The annoying gasps and compliments of the girls made me cringe internally, still I had managed to pass them a small smile. "Kang Hana?!" the familiar voice of a teacher calling out to a very known girl, made me jump up from my place.

Pushing past the herd, I reached the inside of the room. Without wasting another second, I had thrown myself on my kness at the sight of an unconscious Hana.

"WW-hat's going on?" the tremble in my question alerted the female teacher who looked just as frantic as me. "Hana?" Jun had just now managed to get past the mob of fangirls.

"We need to take her to the hospital. The school nurse is on a leave" without envisaging any further instructions, I scooped Hana in my arms and bolted outside. "Hurry up" I could hear two pair of footsteps behind me and I knew who they belonged to ; Jun and Mrs. Ko.

"I'll bring my car" My bestfriend was fanning Hana's face with his hands while we stood in the driveway of the school, awaiting for Mrs.Ko to arrive with her vehicle.

"Our student was found unresponsive in the washroom" immediately placing her on the stretcher provided, I panted as the doctors and nurses hurried to tend to Hana.

"W-what happened, Mrs.Ko?" I wasn't in the state to bring words out of my mouth, gasping for air and Jun had already thrown questions at her. "After the P.E lecture, the girls found the door of the locker room locked from outside and apparently they found Hana inside."

My blood boiled at the thought of someone torturing and trying to hurt her. "Apparently Hana didn't attend lectures" My fists were clenched in a tight grip, "and why was the door locked from the outside?" as teachers and supervisors of the students, it was the job of these adults to look after us.

"I-I don't know, Soonyoung-ah" She tried pacifying me but I couldn't calm down. Before any of us could speak any further, the doctor arrived. "She's alright" I didn't even know I had been holding my breath until he said those words.

"Her heart rate had spiked up, maybe due to terror or fear. The girl must've been too terrified" I despised myself for not being there for Hana when she was experiencing such horrendous incident, which I didn't even know what had occurred.

After requesting and practically begging Mrs. Ko to let me and Jun stay besides Hana, the teacher had left. "You should go too" We were sat outside the hospital room where Hana was getting tended in, sat on the chair outside.

"I'll stay" There wasn't any need for two people to stay, especially not him. I knew it was bad of me to think so but I couldn't help it. I was very aware of the fact that Moon Junhui was absolutely charmed by Hana, he liked her and I didn't appreciate it one bit.

"I'm her boyfriend. There's no need for you to stay" My annotation was getting louder and so I had to whisper my words. "I know you're not" It was barely above a whisper but the hairs on my neck stood up at his acclaimation.

"W-what?" By no means did I mean to stammer, "I said, I know you two are not together" Jun was beginning to get aggravated, I could feel it. "You can pretend all you want to the world but not to me"

I stood up from my seat, abruptly. "W-what are you going on about?" I tried hiding my nervous self but I know I failed at it when I watched a smile slip from Jun's lips. "I know you like her bro" His physique was a bit towering over mine when he stood up and patted my back.

"But Hana came running to me, telling me that you'll dating is just an act" It clicked in my mind. The day we had started pretending, Hana had dropped her hand from mine and bolted towards someone. It was my own bestfriend, Jun.

"W-what are you-?" He cut me off, "You're not the only one who likes her, Soonyoung" I hoped that I couldn't hear those words but I did, right off his mouth. "But why would she tell-?" Him cutting me off was getting on my nerves.

"Why would she tell me? Because she didn't want me to get the wrong idea" I didn't want to hear any further. I felt betrayed. Hana had no right to let someone know of our own secrets when she was the one who had insisted we tell no one.

I hadn't let it slip from my mouth to anyone and there she was, proclaiming it to my very own bestfriend. "You can stay w-with her"

 "You can stay w-with her"